Senior Financial Accounting Specialist
Senior Financial Accounting Specialist
eDreams ODIGEO is the world's leading travel subscription platform and one of Europe's largest e-commerce businesses. We proudly serve over 20 million customers across 44 markets through our four renowned online travel agency brands: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine, Liligo. Our listing on the Spanish Stock Market and collaboration with nearly 700 airlines demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Back in 2017, we launched Prime—the first subscription product in the travel sector, which has now amassed an incredible 4.6 million members. At eDreams ODIGEO, we offer the best quality products in flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rentals, and travel insurance. Our mission is to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accounting Specialist to be part of our Finance team. Your main role will be to bring analytical review related to Trade transactions and assure the correct accountancy of all of them. You will work closely the Accounting Department, the Controlling Team, the Air suppliers Team as well as Procurement and a variety of finance-related projects.
- Analyse and review data of different products/customers/suppliers.
- Enhance data analytics to enable greater insight. Analysis of financial discrepancies related to System conciliation.
- Investigate & understand complex accounting processes and their impact on the P&L.
- Review monthly closing BS and P&L by dimensions (market, channel, third parties, product).
- Take the initiative to optimize work papers and processes.
- Have continuous contact with other finance as well as non-finance departments.
- Provide support to junior analysts and review their work.
- Be sure that the accounting flow is base IFRS rules
- Review any change in the YTD tendency.
- Review tendency, looking at the number of bookings, distribution per site, and amount.
- Review tendency in front of at least last year's same month and a month before. Understand the variation and communicate any inconsistency,
- Understand the inconsistency and communicate with stakeholders to understand it.
- Take the responsibility to understand this inconsistency and see with is the impact on EBITDA and for the different teams (products)
- Review that accounting flow is ok and we have integrity with our database and middle and back office. Read the integrity report to review the consistency
Understand how is the flow of the product working and anticipate any integration issues.
- Assist to the different Stakeholders accounting matters and EBITDA follow-up matter. Support in the new product integration.
- Deep technical knowledge of accounting
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in accounting and analysis.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Advanced Excel is a must.
- Analytical mind and ability to work under pressure.
- AX Microsoft dynamics (desirable).
- Knowledge of the travel industry (desirable).
What do we offer?
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 At eDreams your team decides how often they meet: Flexible work policy with different hybrid options from Spain. Check with your recruiter for more details for this specific vacancy
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime Plus subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings. Now you can include your friends and family too!
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to Coursera, a top-notch external learning platform
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to redistribute part of your annual remuneration in goods and services, paying reduced tax rates, such as your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
- Free English and Spanish courses
- 🍏 Fresh fruit and free coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support for specific open positions)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities - yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.