Senior Director for Content Agency
Established in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch start-up to one of the largest ecommerce companies in the world. Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) and accounts for the vast majority of Booking Holdings’ total revenue. Booking Holdings is a leading Fortune 500 e-commerce conglomerate with a market cap of roughly $75 billion (2022). Booking.com currently employs approximately 10,000 employees in 120+ offices in 70 countries worldwide.
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Booking.com connects travelers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts and even tree houses. The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in over 40 languages, offer more than 28,984,513 total reported listings, and cover 142,259 destinations in 229 countries worldwide. Each day, more than 1,550,000 room nights are reserved on its platform. So whether travelling for business or leisure, customers can instantly book their ideal accommodation quickly and easily, without booking fees and backed up by its promise to price match. Via the customer experience team, customers can reach Booking.com 24/7 for assistance and support in over 40 languages, any time of the day or night.
At Booking.com, we are all involved in making hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our Values - they reflect what is important to us, both as individuals and as an organisation.
When Values are made explicit, they provide clarity on what “good” looks like. And when they are shared, they build unity in a group. They build culture.
Think customer first. We obsess about adding value for our customers - guests, partners, colleagues - to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Own it. We deliver on our promises, make informed decisions and prioritize to get the important things done today.
Learn forever. We are resilient, take time to reflect, and seek to learn – from colleagues, from the outside world and from our failures.
Succeed together. We celebrate team success, through making connections, building trust and valuing the diverse perspectives of others.
Do the right thing. We get the right results the right way. For each other, our communities and the world around us.
Senior Director Marketing – Content Agency
The Senior Director for Content Agency is responsible for the efficient, effective production and management of visual and text-based scaled content, appearing across a range of platforms, which helps to drive business growth and brand impact.
The Senior Director is responsible for five main areas: Scaled Copy, Editorial, Visual Content, Localization, and Content Integrity & Policies. They lead a large, multi-disciplined, globally-dispersed team who build, translate, deploy and moderate content at scale for multiple audiences and channels.
They set Booking.com’s global strategy for the production of scaled content and drive innovation, flexibility and efficiency in how it is produced. They are a key source of knowledge on the evolving role of Machine Learning in marketing and content development, and advise on how Scaled Content and Brand more widely can best use it.
They are a key collaborator with Marketing product and tech, as well as several business units throughout Booking.com such as central Machine Learning, UX, PA and commercial functions.
As a member of the Brand Leadership team they deputize for the Brand VP when needed.
- Drive the efficient, flexible production and localization of global scaled content, and the moderation of user-generated content (UGC), in line with evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Booking business and its target audiences, ensuring their needs are met in the production of relevant and effective scaled content.
- Set and own Booking.com’s global strategy and best practice standards for scaled content production and UGC moderation, and ensure alignment across platforms and markets.
- Hold internal and external teams accountable to the highest standards of excellence in the development and production of scaled content, and the moderation of UGC, with a particular focus on quality assurance and legal compliance.
- Lead strategic agency and outsourced supplier relationships, including performance evaluation against agreed SLAs, contractual negotiations & financial agreements.
- Drive continuous operational improvement in the production of scaled content; lead innovation in Booking.com’s use of AI to develop content and seek opportunities to improve scale and efficiency through AI.
- Build and develop a premier Scaled Content team, with the right skills, capabilities and behaviors to deliver content excellence in support of our brand and business ambitions.
- Provide effective line management for a team of Senior Managers, and encouraging leadership for a large, globally-dispersed team of colleagues from a range of subject areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Substantial experience building, leading and mentoring large, multi-disciplinary teams delivering business-critical services, products or technologies, including vision development, KPI/objective setting, high-level process design and people management
- Evidence of strong commercial and product understanding
- Strong stakeholder management skills; credibility and strong influencing skills; experience of working with multiple senior stakeholders, including regional leaders, BU leaders, Marketing leaders, external partners and suppliers
- Proven understanding of global scaled content development and UGC/moderation fundamentals; ability to use to this understanding to lead effective, efficient content development and moderation strategies that leverage technology and external partnerships for scale and flexibility
- Specific experience of AI and its application to deliver content at scale, gained in the context of a large, sophisticated organization; awareness of and curiosity about innovation in AI and other marketing technologies
- Ability to use data to drive decision-making and inform iterations to plans
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and in ambiguous, agile environments
- Experience of delivering large-scale technology-enabled transformation projects is desirable
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.