Account Manager - Bucharest
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place.
Do you enjoy taking ownership and being responsible for your own internal business portfolio? Do you thrive in building positive relationships? Can you help Booking.com's partners grow their business by providing them with analysis, growth opportunities and new products and services? If your answer is "yes", you might have the determination to be our next Account Manager to join our outstanding Partner Services team in the Bucharest office.
You will be supporting the Local Partner Services team in Bucharest. You will be responsible for informing and consulting its accommodation partners in regards to their business performance, market opportunities and industry trends. You will empower partners on how to use the system, tools and available products of Booking.com with the goal of optimizing their performance on the platform and creating an amazing experience for Booking.com’s customers.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be responsible for managing the relationship with partners at property or local group level in the portfolio by investing majority of your time in direct interaction, mostly market visits and performance calls.
- Be the main point of contact for the partners in your portfolio and support them on commercial and operational topics.
- Be a trusted advisor for partners in your portfolio in regards to their business performance, market opportunities and industry trends and making data driven consultations by using internal analytical tools.
- Cooperate with relevant stakeholders like connectivity providers, central teams, (Sr.)Key Account Managers and local offices.
- Be able to influence stakeholders to implement products to optimize their performance
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of products and service offerings to partners at property or local group level.
- Contribute to your team/market success by proactively taking ownership and developing expertise of crucial transversal topics e.g. Selection or Pricing
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management/sales/business development function
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Romanian
- Affinity or experience within e-commerce and/or travel industry are considered a plus
- Proactive with a sense of responsibility and can work independently
- Accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Great teammate, self-motivated, flexible and open to change
- Hotel School, or University background preferred
- Driver’s license
- Availability to travel up to 50% to a designated area within the country
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Meal vouchers
- Private Healthcare insurance
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
- Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
- Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also builds a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Career Development Opportunities:
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms (such as Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly)
- Please apply by using a resume/cover letter in English.
- The recruitment process will entail: a phone discussion with the recruiter, a competency business interview and a Business Case interview (3 stages)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.