Product Manager - Cars - Select & Pay Team
Product Manager - Cars Select & Pay Product group
We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, flights, tickets, tours and much more!
From our hubs in Manchester, London, Amsterdam our Trips Business Unit helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the convenience of a flight, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they’re always ready for change.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Cars Select & Pay product group and lead a team responsible for the checkout experience of our web products. You’ll help customers quickly and easily book their car rental, while helping to make sure they are informed and their entire trip experience is enjoyable.
The right candidate has previously worked on consumer-facing products, has previous experience in e-commerce, is comfortable with experimentation, and is able to take a stepped approach to product development to help our customers feel informed, empowered and excited to book with Booking.com
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for a product team including the short and long term roadmap for the product area, goals and success metrics. Understand and explain the impact of the team on the Car’s vision and strategy, and how it fits into Booking’s mission.
- Work closely with other Car’s Customer Experience product managers to ensure alignment and coherent strategy across the diverse teams working in this area.
- Identify user needs through various methods of research (quantitative, qualitative, market research, benchmarking)
- Responsible for data analysis, experimentation, and reporting on their product to drive changes and improvements to the user experience and business metrics.
- Serve as the product team's primary contact for information, work prioritisation, and decision-making
- Responsible for selecting the right methodology for the product that is being developed given the stage of the product life cycle, by applying knowledge of the limitations and possibilities of the various product development methodologies.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality user experience with our products by applying technical awareness and understanding of technical risks.
- Support and justify the chosen technical solutions and build a bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business.
- Actively participate in product networks and the craft community outside of their own track.
- Contributing to the craft community and company wide efforts where needed (e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews)
- Works independently with support and coaching from senior and group product managers.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Great commercial awareness - Ability to conciliate product and business goals.
- Strong Problem Solver - Ability to identify and analyse issues, problems or opportunities to achieve desired outcomes, by applying structured thinking and to break down issues to form a logical train of thought that can be followed and understood by others.
- Creativity and curiosity - A creative problem solver that follows the latest industry trends and has a deep curiosity about our customers, business and product.
- Excellent degree of communication skills - Being able to effectively communicate both the strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product strategy documents, requirements, status updates, and results reports.
- Excellent degree of analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to achieve mutually agreeable solutions by staying adaptable, communicating ideas in clear coherent language, and practising active listening.
- Ability to thrive and work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities, whilst also taking the time for personal reflection and growth on individual and product skills.
- Experience as a Product Manager. Domain experience with checkout or payment products and features is a plus.
- A track record of shipping global, impactful e-commerce products
- Knowledge about e-commerce and funnel optimisation.
- Previous experience of conversion rate optimization is a plus.
- Proven experience of working effectively with and communicating to a diverse set of stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Solution oriented and outcome driven.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics.
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
Booking.com’s total rewards philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our rewards are aimed at making it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer — all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits — on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- A great, brand new office to in the heart of Manchester
- Free breakfast and lunch
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Health & well-being benefits such as mental health support, access to health insurance, etc.
- Employer contribution pension
- Industry-leading parental leave and adoption leave
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks’ fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent
- Carer’s leave. 10 days’ fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill family members.
- Hybrid Working (UK): We believe in office attendance at least 40% of your time whilst empowering you with the flexibility to plan where to do your best work.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to discuss any requirements.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Career Development Opportunities:
At Booking.com, we’re constantly growing and we want to provide resources to help grow your career.
- Free access to online learning platforms
- Development and mentorship programs to support career growth
- Access to trainings and workshops
- Team development opportunities
Please submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ button above, your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruiters.
Your Recruiter will discuss the full interview process and they will ensure that you are fully prepared for each stage of the interview process.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.