Project Manager - ServiceNow Platform
As Project Manager, you will coordinate & manage sophisticated technology, business critical and operational excellence initiatives that may span across Technology teams or multiple departments. You will work closely with people of diverse functional backgrounds (a.o. Technology, HR, R&C, Finance Systems, etc.) and will be based in Amsterdam.
Your goal is to structure, plan, coordinate, and enable individual teams/departments to implement, while keeping the overall objectives & success in sight. We seek a strong customer manager who will take full ownership and accountability for projects with a global scope.
If the idea of building and scaling up, managing sophisticated collaborator groups and helping the business achieve its roadmap is exciting to you, this may be your next career move!
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle
- End responsible for the timely delivery of the project/initiative(s)
- Define project scope and success criteria aligning with business objectives
- Understand landmarks and impediments. Tracks and report progress, manages overall timelines, dependencies, risks & issues & monitor interdependencies (within & outside project)
- Create clear project plans together with involved departments and collaborate with cross functional teams to identify & build action plans
- Enable team members & leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Hold project members accountable for the delivery of their part of the project
- Engage collaborators at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Supports building of PM capabilities within the organization and other teams
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
Experienced project manager with 5+ years with a solid track record in managing the full end-to-end project lifecycle on technology and business projects.
- Hands-on work experience in Saas Platform such as ServiceNow.
- PMP or Agile Project Management or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Experience with Project Management tools like JIRA and Jira Align
- Solid ability to navigate & implement projects in agile environment, without over-engineering things
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
- Pragmatic, able to solve several impediments by him/herself & can-do mindset
- Solid understanding of change management and able to guide people through change
ServiceNow knowledge preferred
Communication & relationship management
- Strong communicator who can deal with ambiguity & conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with, influence, and align with multiple collaborators across all levels of the organization.
Experience in leading Projects with off-shore and vendor teams
- Able to drive collaboration across teams and customers
- Skilled negotiator who focuses on great solutions to tough challenges
Organized & structured
- Organized, with a natural inclination for planning, and capable of responding to change
- Acute business insight and understanding of interpersonal issues & challenges
- Result oriented & customer focused
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent organizational agility and able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, extraordinary product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Full relocation support for you and your community to move to Amsterdam. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.