Senior Operational Excellence Specialist
About Connectivity Partnerships
Within Booking.com, the Accommodations Partner Services department’s ambition is to become our accommodations preferred partner of choice. The Connectivity Partnerships team focuses on realizing this ambition by tapping into the hospitality tech ecosystem consisting of companies who are providing software solutions for our accommodation partners. The ecosystem is rapidly growing and becoming more important for accommodation partners. It consists of a wide range of players varying from Channel Management to Property Management Systems and from online booking engines to Revenue Management software. The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team is to orchestrate the hospitality tech ecosystem in order to become the strategic partner of choice for accommodations. In essence Connectivity Partnerships nurtures and grows connectivity providers in order to grow connected partner performance on booking.com
About the Strategy & Operations team
To define and enable this mission, we have created a dedicated team within our Connectivity Partnerships department: Strategy & Operations, which includes Strategy, Business operations, Commercial excellence and Operational excellence and tooling capabilities.
The Global senior operational excellence specialist is responsible for driving process efficiency and effectiveness initiatives supportive to the success of Connectivity Partnerships.
Key items in the scope of the role are:
- Become a knowledge expert within the team on Connectivity Business processes
- Identify, prioritize and deliver on projects aimed at improving efficiency and/or effectiveness of the track
- Actively engage with Connectivity Partnerships and related teams to test process and tooling improvements and grow adoption
This role is part of the Operational Excellence and Tooling team within Connectivity Partnerships. The aim of this team is to support our Connectivity Partnerships organization in delivering processes and tooling that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our providers and provider-facing teams mainly through the Salesforce platform. The Operational Excellence team is responsible for establishing a solid approach on identifying, classifying and optimizing tasks. Through this work we expect that Connectivity Partnerships can spend more time on Provider engagement.
- Drive process and system changes within the department to support changes driven by other teams such as Com Exc, Marketing, CEDI, Product, Tech Support, Professional Services, Finance & Legal
- Document and assess implemented solutions to make sure they meet business objectives
- Provide regular progress reports to key stakeholders within Connectivity Partnerships and external stakeholders involved in the processes
- Develop, train and coach Connectivity Partnerships teams to adopt new processes as well as the improvement of existing ones, utilizing a pragmatic approach that combines tools like lean six sigma and design thinking and translate it into tooling requirements (Salesforce)
- Contribute to building and implementing well accepted frameworks for process optimization to drive efficiency, commercial growth & improve Provider experience by being active member of the Operational Excellence community
- Work independently with global stakeholders & host operational excellence workshops
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar job
- 3+ years of hands-on experience leading and delivering projects internationally and with a diverse stakeholder field
- Proven project management or lean six sigma experience in a service or commercial environment
- Ability to translate business processes into effective tooling processes.
- Experience with Salesforce and working with an agile Product Team are a STRONG nice to have.
- Proven track record working with data and using this to identify and drive change
- Ability to formulate and mitigate project risks and provide clear and precise project progress updates
- Attention to detail, adaptability, self-starter, and high degree of personal accountability
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the company
- Ability and wish to continuously learn new concepts and project methodologies
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
The benefits and perks offered by the company can be found here.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to apply technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
Read all about IDBW and the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at Booking.com here
Career Development Opportunities:
** Please check your eligibility to apply for an internal vacancy **
Need any support with your application or preparation? Get in touch with your Internal Recruitment Partner or check out these resources on how to prepare for an internal interview!
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.