Product Manager Machine Learning - Content Intelligence Team
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core and innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the following morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Machine Learning and AI are integral to booking.com's mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world. Central Machine Learning (CML) powers many of Booking.com’s flagship ML capabilities.
In the CML department, we’re on a mission to enable a personalized, trusted traveler and partner experience using ML and AI. We envision an ML-enhanced Connected Trip that seamlessly automates tasks with the right level of customer-control, and delivers highly relevant choices & recommendations, at the right price, across the various stages of the trip.
In order to achieve this mission, we build scalable platforms, each one specializing in a different and unique domain - Ranking, Smart Value, Recommendations, Content Intelligence and Generative AI.
Within the CML family, we’re looking for a PM to lead one of our core platforms and ML capabilities in the Content Intelligence domain. These capabilities operate at the heart of CML strategy.
The vision of the Content Intelligence team is “Be the centralized hub for ML enriched-content across Booking.com”. As a Product Manager in the Content Intelligence team, you will lead the strategy, long-term vision, and success definition for our Content Intelligence platform and Content ML capabilities. You’ll connect and work with teams all across the company to help realize the team’s vision and grow value for our customers and businesses.
The Content Intelligence team is composed of passionate engineers and data scientists committed to revolutionizing how travelers discover and book accommodations, flights, attractions, cars, etc.
What does the Content Intelligence group do?
The Content Intelligence team is responsible for delivering best in class content ML & GenAI products, from model development through customer & partner facing applications.
The team works with a variety of stakeholders across the Booking.com organization, in order to provide ML enrichments on B.com’s supply - destinations, properties, attractions, etc. The Content Intelligence team unlocks personalization and enables tailoring the user experience to their explicit and implicit needs.
To make this tangible, think of a team who is interested in personalizing the hotel page to the user's needs. Assuming the user is looking for a family vacation at the beach, this user will see content that will help him assess and decide whether a specific property matches his needs - e.g. photos and reviews of activities with kids, high quality photos of the beach with info on its proximity to the property, relevant reviews from families, questions asked by families, etc.
Join us in this ride, and help leverage Content ML insights across Booking.com, while helping B.com’s users plan and book their trip in the most seamless way possible.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own and lead the Content Intelligence platform product vision, roadmap and execution end to end.
- Build and adapt the product strategy to the constantly evolving needs and constraints imposed by the business.
- Guiding new capabilities, systems and services from inception to launch while keeping customers at the center of everything.
- Owning the ideation, post mortem, prioritization, backlog, customer feedback, etc.
- Measuring and reporting the team’s progress and impact to the business in a transparent and effective way. This includes defining key business and services success metrics, tracking them, and improving upon them.
- Deeply understand the direction of the business and the problems customers face; extract and identify requirements from other business initiatives, customer requirements and prioritize them ruthlessly.
- Constantly engage with stakeholders to expand the coverage of the product and create impact.
- Work closely with engineers, MLSs, other product managers and product teams to define and ship high quality products.
- Working with the team to translate goals and ideas into development requirements.
- Using data to inform team priorities and decision making.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Excellent communication and stakeholder leadership skills. Be able to clearly connect with the business at all levels.
- Strong technical background and experience with managing platform products and complex roadmap development.
- Previous experience working with Machine Learning and AI applications
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude that is ready to work in a high paced environment.
- Excellent prioritization skills in time critical situations while balancing customer & business needs.
- Commercial awareness and a strategic mindset. Be able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them.
- The ability to zoom in as well as see a 10,000 ft view.
- An analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to structure issues and analyze alternative solutions.
- Able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics.
- Team player with a bottom-up ideation process.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Performance-based company that offers career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and the company's culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.