PhD Machine Learning Research Intern
As a Machine Learning Research intern, you will have the opportunity to tackle real world problems by pushing the boundaries of the state-of-the-art, with the goal of publishing your work.
The internship is open for PhD students in a machine learning related field like causal inference, uplift modeling, recommender system or GenAI.
Applicants are asked to attach with their CV the email address of their supervisor or co-supervisor. This email will be used to ask for a recommendation letter at a later date.
Please complete your application before March 31st, 2024. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in Israel for the duration of the internship program (3 months).
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work together with your project mentor and the team on an exciting project
- Be able to understand and extend the state of the art techniques to solve the project at hand
- Be able to publish your work in top conferences and journals
- Actively contribute to taking data science at Booking.com to the next level
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Pursue your PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, etc).
- Ability to conduct research independently as evidenced by peer-review publication or similar track record.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience on multiple machine learning facets: working with large data sets, model development, statistics, experimentation, data visualization, optimization, software development.
- Strong working knowledge of Python; Hadoop, SQL, Spark or similar big data technologies.
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.