Technical Program Manager - Accommodations - Customer Data, AI, and Insights
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
- This role is based in Amsterdam
- Core to Booking.com’s success has been our strong data and experimentation culture. Core to that culture are our data products–the impressive analyses, dashboards, predictive models, and tools that our analysts, data scientists, machine learning experts, and data engineers work on together. These data products provide Booking’s employees the context and answers they need when they need it, as well as power features such as pricing and recommendations on the Booking.com site, app, and partner experiences.
We’re hiring a Technical Program Manager who will report to the GTPM (Group Technical Program Manager) in the area and will drive a broad and important portfolio of technical programs related to data, insights, experimentation, and machine learning that support Booking’s accommodations business.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be working with the leaders and stakeholders from Accommodation, Customer data, AI and insights, Technology, Product and across Booking to develop and then coordinate strategic programs that are intended to either have direct impact on Booking’s business or improve our data and insights operations. For example, programs may be designed to lead data migration and modernization efforts across the company, drive adoption of customer centric metrics and machine learning models/governance or ensure the smooth transition of our data science teams onto new data science platforms.
- Lead the delivery of complex programs as cross-team initiatives
- Align priorities across the organization to ensure successful program outcomes
- Manage, anticipate, and address risks, issues, and dependencies to facilitate successful delivery.
- Ensure effective communication and stakeholder management is maintained
- Drive the alignment of our overall ABU Customer Data and Insights portfolio – dashboards, machine learning capabilities, etc – to the roadmaps of partner teams, particularly Central Technology.
- Manage stakeholders effectively, tailoring their communication for project stakeholders with varying backgrounds.
- Harmonise discordant views and drive alignment
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Stakeholder management, Cross functional partnering. Partnering with leadership.
- Change management & transformation
- You will be an innovative, intellectually curious problem solver who does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything but, rather, is able to quickly steer the conversation toward a productive programmatic solution by building and driving consensus.
- Knowledge in technical program management methodologies, experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs from concept to completion and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Be humble and human. Excellent communication skills
- Open mind, learning attitude, transparent behaviour, positive, overachiever, proactive and collaborative.
- Strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up sleeves to get things done.
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Data driven, experimental, ready to learn and open to change.
- Keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
- Good cultural and organisational sensitivity.
- Committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- A beautiful sustainable HQ Campus in Amsterdam, that offers on-site meals, coffee, and snacks, multi-faith and breastfeeding rooms at the office*
- Commuting allowance and bike reimbursement scheme
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
- Full relocation support will be offered for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe.
DEI: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms: Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.