Data Science & Analytics Graduate Program - September 2024
Data Science & Analytics Graduate - September 2024 (Amsterdam)
About Booking.com Compass
We know you’ve just started navigating your career journey. And we’re here to help. We promise it’s going to be wild (in a good way). We’re a company of travel-obsessed, inquisitive, dedicated people who work to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
At Booking.com, we use data to power our decisions, technology to fuel our innovation, and people to make it all happen.
We believe that travel is about more than just seeing new places. It's about the thrill of the first night in a new city, the excitement of the next morning, the friends you make, the journeys you take, the sights you see, and the food you sample.
We want to empower everyone to experience the world, and we believe that our products, partners, and people are the key to making that happen.
About the Programme
The Booking.com Data Science and Analytics (DS&A) Graduate Programme is designed to help graduates from all backgrounds launch their careers in data. If you have experience in using real data - from Psychology to Epidemiology, from Biology to Econometrics, and anything in between - we're interested in your skills and potential.
In our 15-month programme, you'll learn the fundamentals of data science and analytics, and gain hands-on experience working on real-world projects. You'll also be mentored by expert data scientists and analysts, who will help you develop your skills and career.
If you're ready to take the next step in your data expedition, apply to the Booking.com DS&A Graduate Programme today.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of travelers by helping them plan their dream vacations, but also:
- Collaborate with data engineers, scientists, and other partners to design, develop, and deploy data analytics solutions.
- Oversee the end-to-end delivery of data analytics projects, from data collection to insights generation.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and techniques of this craft.
- Contribute to the development of our data analytics standards and procedures.
- Write clear, concise, and informative documentation on the data subject.
Bring your sense of adventure and the following:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in fields other than Data science or analytics. This programme is specifically aimed at graduates who do not meet the academic requirements for our entry-level roles. Note that your graduation date has to be in 2023 or 2024.
- An affinity for mathematics, statistics, or programming. This could be through a thesis that required you to make inferences from real-life data, exceptional performance on a statistics elective, or an extracurricular project demonstrating programming skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and sometimes ambiguous working situations.
- A passion for travel and technology.
Yes, you will get great discounts at Booking.com but not only:
- A great new office to work in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Impactful training and development, including in Java and professional growth in building software applications, software system design, technical incident management and architectural mentorship.
- An award winning company culture (Best Leadership Teams & Global Culture 2023)
- The opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects.
- A high-productive and ambitious culture.
- The chance to make a real difference in the travel industry.
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
- 29 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays
⚠️Important note about eligibility⚠️
In order to be eligible for this programme you need to:
- Graduate in 2024 or have graduated in 2023.
- Be available to start a full time position for our 15 month programme mid- September 2024.
- Be able to commute to our office in Amsterdam.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.