Senior Project Manager - Payment Operations
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager - Payment Operations who will take on the governance and project management of commercial and finance initiatives within the Payments Operations area that in turn is a part of Treasury. The successful candidate will partner with the various teams within the Finance, FinTech, ABU and other business units to support, and proactively work with them, to facilitate the work occurring between them and the business units and centralized functions. You will ensure the team's roadmaps/plans focus on agreed business priorities, dependencies and strategies aligned across Finance & company priorities – crafted based on data and business needs, and delivers against the shared objectives & goals.
In addition, you be accountable for providing assurance that projects within Payment Operations are managed & organized in a consistent manner, whilst working with the different business units & central functions (a.o. Financial Systems, Payments Product & Technology, Treasury, Accounting, Global Credit , Tax, etc.) within Booking.com to build engagement and where needed governance over decisions needed for work to be signed off. In some cases, the role requires dealing with external vendors and managing external stakeholders.
Your will structure, plan, coordinate, and enable individual teams/departments to execute, while keeping the overall objectives & success in sight. We seek a strong stakeholder manager who will take full ownership and accountability for projects with a global scope.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager - Payment Operations:
- Support Program Management function to build the Program & Portfolio Management structure to be inline with the rest of the organization.
- Apply structured methodology to and lead project/change management activities
- Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle. Starting from ideation till the closure of the project.
- With limited or no supervision, lead medium/high complexity projects with global impact (cross-functional) driving them through execution, analysis, recommendation and implementation
- Manage project Actions, Risks, Issues and Dependencies, including appropriate critical issues and anticipates bottlenecks while balancing business needs with technical constraints
- Develop and run a resource scheduling process that enables prioritization and capacity planning to be realized for the different phases of projects/initiatives such as of Scoping, Delivery, Testing, Change & Learning and Knowledge Management
- Apply change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Engage and influence stakeholders inside and if required outside of the organization: work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and partner on segment or functional strategy projects
- Interacts with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and document requirements, key design decisions.
- Contribute to the Project scoping and Planning by helping to document the project goal, KPIs, roadmap and main deliverables.
- Track and report progress; Creates clear planning documents together with involved departments
- Ability to work and productively interact with different stakeholders up to Director level.
The Senior Project Manager - Payment Operations is skilled at:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 5 - 8 years solid experience with project/change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Ability to lead multiple low /medium complexity projects or portfolio of projects
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Good business acumen and understanding of organizational issues, challenges & dependencies
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics based on various situations
- With limited supervision, ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Strategic thinking, able to contribute to long term department vision and program management track
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- A solid understanding of how people go through the change curve and the change process
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships (both within a team and with wider stakeholders) with ability to work effectively and influence up to Director level
- Effectively communicate in small/medium groups; Strong influencer in 1:1 and small groups
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts is an advantage
- Knowledge of finance processes such as RTR, Treasury, Tax, PTP & OTC leveraging major ERP system e.g. SAP is highly preferred
- Knowledge on technical accounting and certification (ACCA, CPA, etc.) in is an advantage
- Experience with technical finance projects within online marketplace is an advantage
- PMP or Agile Project Management or equivalent certification is preferred.
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.