Engineering Manager SAP Treasury, FinTech
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, and lines of code. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place, the excitement of the next morning, the friends you make, the journeys you take, the sights you see, and the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
FinTech is a complex, competitive and exciting industry. To accomplish Booking.com’s mission (“making it easier for everyone to experience the world”), we aim to offer frictionless payment experiences to our guests and partners. The FinTech business unit creates best in class payment products that offer choice to guests and help Bookings business partners grow their business.
The Financial Systems team in the FinTech business unit provides technical expertise to the finance department and is responsible for supporting and innovating SAP ERP/S4HANA, SAP BI, Native HANA solutions, and many other connected external systems like Ivalua, Conga or Blackline. We want to change the way people work with enterprise systems, by building an application platform that supports simplification of business processes and empowers the finance community with better integrations and financial insights.
This is a great opportunity for a strong, hands-on Engineering Manager. The focus of this role is to manage, guide and coach an engineering team. The engineering manager takes full ownership of health and the technical direction of the systems under their responsibility and supports the professional development of their team members. We are looking for a technically strong role model that can help their team advance and develop. You will work closely with other leaders, stakeholders and FinTech teams to determine feasibility, effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products.
This is an advanced engineering role on the intersection of business and technology; requiring knowledge of building highly scalable and resilient services as well as strong ability to connect engineering with business concerns. Contact us If you are ready to take ownership of software development with global impact.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspire and motivate multiple cross technology teams;
- Day-to-day interaction with offshore and external development teams.Quality and expectation management.
- Directly manage engineers;
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating;
- Nurture, grow and develop engineering talent in the team;
- Foster a great culture that innovates, work together as a team, partner with other Booking.com com teams and roles and celebrates unified success;
- Respect the Booking.com values and use them as a guide to the way we work.
Technology, Craft & Delivery
- 10-12 years experience working in engineering
- Engineering planning and delivery, technical quality and use of best practices within own team;
- Contribute to the on-going SAP S4/HANA transformation project with best practices and improvements and integrations with third party systems.
- Strong functional experience in SAP Treasury and treasury processes related to In House Cash, FX Hedging, Intercompany loans, Bank Account Management, Treasury payments, FX Risk Management, FX reporting, Cash flow forecasting from solutioning to configuration.
- Strong functional experience and integration between Treasury processes, payments and financial flows.
- Hands-on experience in the SAP Treasury modules in ECC and S4 HANA for the past two years.
- Embed agile ways of working and company values within the team;
- Ability to get into the technical detail (where required) to coach, support and mentor the team;
- Drive a culture of ownership and technical excellence, including reactive work such as incident escalations;
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies to be able to share learnings and apply these to a variety of projects when needed;
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices across the department.
Architecture & Product Strategy
- Define, shape and deliver the roadmap;
- Build new products, processes and operational plans;
- Negotiate on the strategic importance of own product roadmap features;
- Drive innovation in the team;
- Collaborate with technical leads, architects, product managers and key individuals
- Own the architecture across the team and drive architectural alignment.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong people management skills and experience;
- Excellent communicator with strong stakeholder management experience, good commercial awareness and technical vision;
- You are a humble and thoughtful technology leader, you lead by example and gain your teammates’ respect through actions, not the title;
- Experience with SAP technologies design, developments, architecture and business requirements gathering experience in the Accounting domain.
- Technical expert in the SAP S4/HANA modules and its integration with non-SAP applications using latest technologies;
- Proficiency in agile, dev-ops methodology, release management practices and tools in a complex SAP landscape;
- Interest in the latest technology trends and open for innovations coming at any level of the team;
- Experience in software development, building complex and scalable solutions;
- Proven experience leading and managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced and complex environment;
- System design skills with ability to get hands-on with your team;
- Experience with Kafka, ABAP, Cassandra and/ or MySQL is a plus;
- Deep experience with unit, integration and end-to-end testing paradigms;
- Experience in working on products with a large customer base and company wide impact;
- Experience in designing and architecting APIs, dealing with high traffic and security concerns;
- Past experience with SAP finance and working in a regulated environment is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven mindset.
In return, we’ll provide:
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Be part of a fast paced environment and performance driven culture
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in Booking.com;
- We value diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.