Account Manager - Rides - 15 month Fixed Term Contract (Spain & LATAM)
This role is a 15 month fixed term contract to cover a period of parental leave.
There is a requirement to be in the Manchester office 2 days per week (Wednesday plus one other).
This role will cover our Spain & LATAM markets, and as such Spanish (and/or Portuguese) is an essential requirement. Some international travel will be required, approx. twice per quarter.
We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, flights, tickets, tours and much more!
From our hubs in Manchester, London, Amsterdam our Trips Business Unit helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the convenience of a flight, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they’re always ready for change!
Rides helps customers experience the world with bookable taxis, trains, buses and more across the globe. With a focus on helping travelers arriving in unfamiliar destinations by air we help millions of customers get to and from their accommodation and an airport. We work with 1000s of suppliers with self-serve tooling and connectivity products. Alongside that we have our own commercial and customer service teams and develop products to help our colleagues do their best job.
The Rides Commercial team exists to ensure we have the strongest possible relationships, contracts, quality and commercials within Rides, ensuring we deliver a best in class offer to our customers and our partners.
The Account Manager role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Rides commercial strategy by maintaining and growing a portfolio of supply Partners across multiple locations, taking a particular focus on both commercial and quality/performance metrics. The role is responsible for both identifying and contracting new business opportunities and strengthening the relationships with our existing Partners, including negotiation of new contracts, rates, commissions, rebates & quality metrics, and identifying new markets and new products with a view to fulfill our coverage and competitiveness demands.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for delivering commercial targets for all supply Partners within their remit, generating 10%-15% of Rides volume globally.
- Building a local supply strategy for all locations within the designated region / Partner portfolio, owning the end to end execution of that strategy to increase revenue, Rides coverage and quality performance.
- Developing regional supply Partners portfolio, including responsibility for proactively identifying opportunities for growth, in addition to new partner contracting and commercial negotiation of rates, rebates, new features (e.g. Driver Events) & promotions to drive incremental volume.
- Drive the execution of the Rides Regional and Quality commercial strategy, ensuring that relevant objectives and OKRs are translated into a clear and tailored actionable plan for each Partner within their remit to deliver the best quality experience for our customer.
- Monitor Partner performance in line with specific regional strategies, finding opportunities for improvements and collaborating with the Partners to take action to improve delivery and increase customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Account Managers where opportunities/issues are identified in regional performance or supply/demand, to improve multinational Partner performance and coverage, aligning across both regional and multinational strategic plans and objectives.
- Analyse weekly trading reports for relevant region(s), delivering insight to internal Management and owning and reporting on any ad hoc changes outside of this weekly cycle.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with supply Partners, conducting business reviews, identifying opportunities to collaboratively improve business and Partner performance and minimise challenges, influence decision makers to adopt our business initiatives in order to achieve department targets and KPIs.
- Leading quarterly and annual business reviews externally with Partners to ensure we are driving the strongest possible commercial results for both Booking.com and our Partners.
- Represent Booking.com in market visits/conferences and at local and regional tourism and industry events, contributing to the creation of presentation materials and Partner communications strategy, in order to develop ever stronger partnerships, driving our mutual business and ensure close relationships with local stakeholders.
- Conduct competitor analysis reports with key competitors within relevant regions/locations and markets. Identifying trends and opportunities and take appropriate actions to minimise risks and exposure.
- Train Partners on how to effectively use business tooling and systems, to ensure high performance and quality is maintained for both the business and customers.
- Support key department initiatives and improvement projects, working collaboratively with Senior Account Managers and Commercial Assistants, and leading on projects where required.
- Support crossfunctional projects focused on supply tooling improvements and new product innovation for Partners, working collaboratively with Product Owners, Insights team, CS and Finance teams and ensuring the Rides Comercial team are represented across internal working groups.
- Ensure that all relevant Partner information, actions and outcomes are logged in Salesforce to allow for information to be accurately shared with other internal departments such as Finance and Legal. Analyse data to identify trends and issues, taking appropriate actions with Partners to proactively realise opportunities and minimise risks.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships at senior levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English and Spanish (and/or Portuguese)
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong commercial acumen with strong understanding of our commercial KPIs, rebate strategy and contractual agreements and experience of negotiating rates, contracts and rebates.
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into meaningful actions and summaries for managers
- Language: English + region specific if required.
- Strong working use of Office and Google applications, including a high level of Excel knowledge.
- Project management skills with experience leading cross functional working groups/projects
Benefits & Perks:
Booking.com’s total rewards philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our rewards are aimed at making it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer — all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits — on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- A great, brand new office to in the heart of Manchester
- Free breakfast and lunch
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Health & well-being benefits such as mental health support, access to health insurance, etc.
- Employer contribution pension
- Industry-leading parental leave and adoption leave
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks’ fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent
- Carer’s leave. 10 days’ fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill family members.
- Hybrid Working (UK): We believe in office attendance at least 40% of your time whilst empowering you with the flexibility to plan where to do your best work.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to discuss any requirements.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.