Key Account Manager - Sydney
As a Key Account Manager - Hotel Chains, you are responsible for managing the relationship with existing Key Chain Partners. In addition you support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new Key Chain Partners in Sydney, Australia.
You create in depth quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You proactively inform Key Chain Partners about the benefits of Booking.com BV’s products and services. You will be responsible for the improvement of Key Chain Partner’s availability and supply in order to support Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
The Global Accounts team APAC is based in Singapore and is part of the Partner Service Department and is responsible for managing the relationships with all key hotel chains in APAC. As part of this team you will need to work closely with other departments such as Connectivity, Hotel Innovations in Amsterdam, Credit Control and the Hotels team based in the Booking.com’s local offices within the APAC region.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate strong networking skills in order to connect with different stakeholders within Booking.com as well as within the Hotel Industry and within Hotel Chains.
This full time position will be based in our Sydney office.
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for Key Chain Partners availability and supply within Sydney;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online products and services to Key Partners;
- Support Booking.com BV in creating in depth Key Chain profiles that show understanding of the complexity of the Chain;
- Be a relationship builder for various internal and external stakeholders that are involved in the specific Key Chain;
- Train, consult, monitor, support internal and external stakeholders in handling the Key Chains in order to optimize their performance;
- Support Booking BV in securing its relationship and optimizing partnerships with the Key Chains of Booking.com BV;
- Assist Booking.com BV with initiatives and present Booking.com BV’s innovations with Key Chains to increase their performance;
- Analyze Key Accounts on global level, national level and on local/Property level;
- Monitor internal projects by being the main local contact person between Booking.com BV and the Key Chain.
- In depth knowledge of the online travel industry;
- Strong knowledge of Channel Management;
- Strong knowledge of Booking.com BV’s Competitive landscape;
- Excellent knowledge of OTA products and services is preferred;
- Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Ability to demonstrate strong networking skills in order to connect with different internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to adjust communication style depending on the stakeholder;
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to various audiences;
- Ability to read and interpret multiple data sources in order to define short/medium/long term goals;
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs;
- Ability to be open to new approaches and ideas when finding solutions for partners;
- Strong Customer Experience focus and proactive attitude.
- 2-5 years of experience in a relevant key account management function;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
- University background in Hospitality is preferred;
- Availability up to travel 50% of the time.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.