Treasury Risk Specialist
Treasury Risk Specialist
Location - Amsterdam
Booking.com’s global treasury team is looking for a Treasury risk management professional to join our growing team.
The Treasury Risk Specialist is responsible for performing financial analysis and operating processes relating to the identification, quantification, management and reporting of credit, counterparty, liquidity and other Treasury risk typologies that attach to Booking’s evolving business models, strategic initiatives and third party relationships.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager - Risk, the preferred candidate should have a high attention to detail and be accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, while working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to successfully meet agreed deliverables.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven ability to perform risk analysis and drive operational efficiencies through the design and implementation of End to End processes leveraging and adopting new technologies to support best in class risk management and reporting.
Characteristics of a successful candidate include strong analytical skills and experience of adopting and implementing advanced analytics as a means of making data driven recommendations to complex problems. A successful candidate should possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and be able to partner with stakeholders of various levels of seniority across the organization.
Due to the continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Produce high quality assessments and reports addressing credit and counterparty risk for Financial Institutions & Fintech Partners, Investment related activities, and Trip Providers for senior management, steering committees and internal stakeholders;
- Perform fundamental credit and counterparty risk assessments for new product and third party relationships, providing recommendations based on relative value assessments;
- Perform both ad hoc and cyclical credit and financial analysis across applicable counterparty portfolios, leveraging available technologies and tooling to quantify risk exposures;
- Maintain and update the internal third party risk profile database on a required cadence following the cyclical review process.
- Produce banking group counterparty risk report on the monthly basis following the internal process and host the monthly meeting with Treasury stakeholders to review the risk;
- Manage the credit limits assigned to Financial Institutions and monitor the breaches to the assigned limit. Work with stakeholders to manage the breaches on a periodic basis and to develop optimal limit management techniques;
- Conduct daily risk monitoring by following the news feeds, credit alerts. Escalate and analyze the credit events in a timely manner.
- Responsible for carrying out the risk management framework for airlines, including periodic reporting, news monitoring and proposing risk mitigations.
- Perform the counterparty risk controls, investment controls and other SOX/non SOX controls in a timely manner, liaise with internal and external auditor for control walkthrough and testing.
- Perform required analysis to support interest rate determinations for Intercompany Lending arrangements;
- Responsible for managing various credit risk models leveraging external tools (e.g. credit rating, probability of default ect) and ensuring the data are correctly and timely processed for reporting purposes;
- Seek to enhance/automate the current reporting mechanisms to effectively monitor the risk exposures, maintain the risk profile for all counterparties, leveraging key technology enablers, such as Clearwater,S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, SAP S/4.
- Develop strong business relationships with key internal stakeholders across Finance, Legal, Tax, Product teams and other cross functional teams.
- A professional track record of 3-5 years and relevant experience gained in Finance, Treasury or credit risk management fields within corporations, payment service providers or financial institutions;
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in a related field (Finance, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics or related degrees)
- Expertise in the credit and counterparty risk management techniques and experience of performing fundamental credit analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical skills for identifying and quantifying counterparty risk exposures - advanced Excel skills and financial modeling skills are necessary;
- Ability to work autonomous on reporting, risk monitoring and implementing E2E risk management processes and controls;
- Broad knowledge of various risk typologies, such as FX, investment and liquidity risk.
- Broad knowledge of micro and macroeconomic factors, with the ability to translate these into risk-based decisions;
- Problem solving ability and critical thinking. High attention to detail.
- Strong sense of ownership, being proactive and capable of working independently as well as working in a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines while managing competing priorities and working within a faced paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and stakeholder management skills. Ability to effectively convey difficult or complex information in an easy to understandable manner while adapting style and approach based on the seniority of applicable stakeholders
- Experience with Clearwater, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, SAP S/4 is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Python is a plus;
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.