Account Executive - Florence
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people are how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place.
Do you enjoy taking ownership and being responsible for your own internal business portfolio? Do you thrive in building positive relationships and engaging partners about new products and services? If your answer is “yes”, you might have what it takes to be the next Account Executive at our Florence, Italy office
Booking.com Italia Srl, (the company behind Booking.com™, the world’s leading online hotel reservation service) is looking for people to support our business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
As an Account Executive your main task will be to provide support to new and existing accommodation partners, contacting, informing and advising them about how to meet the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. You will also build the accommodations webpages and training the new accommodations on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and how to use the systems that can improve their availability and supply.
- Day-to-day pro-active communication with partners in your region by telephone, by internal messaging and occasionally in person to assist with the development of the business;
- Building positive relationships with partners to ensure that they offer the best availability and rate structure;
- Discuss opportunities with partners that will help improve business by using Booking.com BV’s internal tool of priority setting;
- First point of contact for key local accommodation partners, answering questions and queries, taking action as needed;
- Participation in weekly team learning in your office;
- Advise accommodation partners regarding their (potential)webpages on the Booking.com website and how they can amend data with respect to supply, availability, specials, promotions;
- Liaison person for properties to contact when they have questions by phone and the Account Managers are unavailable;
- Providing support to properties or Booking.com BV in building the webpage for accommodations and/or maintaining property information on the Booking.com website;
- Verify that the website has accurate information on properties and pictures of newly registered accommodations;
- Delivering training by phone to new and or existing properties on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Providing properties with information and advice mainly by phone, including follow-ups;
- In consultation with the Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com BV for new and existing accommodations;
- Conduct daily/weekly rate and availability checks on various platforms;
- Assist in the preparation of market visits, operational planning and projects;
- Assisting in additional tasks and projects when needed
- You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Booking.com BV.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Proficient English and Italian speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
- Communicate effectively with partners over the phone to convince them to implement suggestions;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical and an eye for detail;
- Great teammate, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Hotel School or University background preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are striven to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com:
- Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
- Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also builds a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.