Principal Product Manager - Privacy Engineering
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com is looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our Horizontal Business Services department at our Amsterdam headquarters.
HBS (Horizontal Business Services) group sits within the Central Tech organisation in Booking.com, focusing on core platform services within the e-commerce charter of our marketplace. We cover a gamut of core operational platforms such as Order, Identity, and Privacy.
The Principal Product Manager will join the Privacy Engineering Office to ensure that Booking.com only collects data that the customer has consented to, and processes it in ways that honour that consent.
What you’ll be doing:
- Full ownership of the product vision, strategy, product goals, success metrics and roadmaps for the Privacy Engineering Office.
- Be deeply committed to solving customer, partner and stakeholder problems and finding opportunities to better our collective experience. Collecting data as necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of health metrics, competitive intelligence, or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritisation framework that facilitates clear and simple decision-making on priorities to maximise impact on customer needs, user experience, product quality, and business value, while balancing technical feasibility and risk
- Support and explain the chosen technical solutions and build a liaison technical and non-technical stakeholders by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business
- Responsible for cross track collaboration and strategic track support of key initiatives, while continuously communicating track goals, findings, and aspirations
- Responsible for delivering best-in-class experiences that meet and exceed what our customers and partners expect from Booking.com
- Seeks and remains open to feedback from direct and indirect stakeholders to continuously improve leadership skills
- Actively participate in product networks and the craft community outside of HBS with other business verticals.
- Contributing to and leading the craft community and company wide efforts where needed (e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews)
- Proactively invests time and energy into improving Product Management as a craft in Booking.com
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of relevant product management experience
- Experience working on Platforms, E-commerce services, and complex technical environments is required.
- Problem solver, can identify and analyse complex issues and develop a clear approach to solving them
- Excellent communication skills, can effectively connect with stakeholders in different roles and levels, clearly communicate strategic vision and big picture but also specific details. Great written and presentation abilities
- Expert stakeholder management and influencing skills - Able to bring diverse stakeholders together to agree and move forward with an approach or plan
- Strong organisational and project management skills, can lead multiple projects effectively themselves and through others. Experienced with agile methodologies
- Expert analytical abilities - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues
- Ability to thrive and work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities
- Creativity and curiosity - A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our customers, business and product
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills are critical
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, extraordinary product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Full relocation support for you and your family to move to Amsterdam. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create an outstanding workplace, it also builds a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.