Site Reliability Engineer - Partnerships
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
Partnerships department is composed of 300+ people in 20+ countries driving a significant share of Booking.com’s overall business. The department is responsible for all of the demand-facing B2B relationships at Booking.com with full accountability for the demand-facing B2B platform and a suite of products, business development and account management.
You will collaborate heavily with your teammates and relentlessly improve the quality of our systems and your knowledge
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop and implement systems software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again
- Build effective monitoring to monitor the health of your system, and jump in to handle outages
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multinational data centers
- Develop tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Strong experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Solid experience in at least one programming language (we use Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (we use Terraform)
- Experience with building, operating and maintaining scalable distributed systems, and with operations automation
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Experience profiling applications (with Java is preferred
- Understanding of Service level agreements and objectives
- Additional experience in OpenStack, Networking and Security is desirable
- Monitoring / observability technologies like Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, Elasticsearch is desirable
What We Offer:
- The position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance to you and your dependents with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Trainings, including regular opportunities to travel and attend global conferences
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.