Senior Account Manager - Rides - Fluent Spanish or Portuguese required
About the company
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone!
Across our offices worldwide, we constantly innovate. To solve for some of the most sophisticated challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s appeal and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
About the role
Booking.com Trips are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their Rides Commercial Team.
Rides helps customers experience the world with bookable taxis, trains, buses and more across the globe. With a focus on helping travelers arriving in unfamiliar destinations by air we help millions of customers get to and from their accommodation and an airport. We work with 1000s of suppliers with self-serve tooling and connectivity products. Alongside that we have our own commercial and customer service teams and develop products to help our colleagues do their best job.
The Senior Account Manager role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the overall Rides commercial strategy with a focus on New Business. As a member of the Key Accounts & New Business team you will be responsible for developing and growing a portfolio of strategic multinational supply Partners. You will be identifying and contracting new business opportunities and developing positive relationships with our existing key accounts. The aim of this role is to accelerate growth and performance with the existing business and developing new initiatives by effectively influencing internal stakeholders and within the industry.
- Sourcing and onboarding new Strategic Partners to ensure we continue to efficiently expand our coverage and availability of Rides Partners worldwide, including but not limited to negotiating contracts, rates, rebates, API (partner connectivity) and performance metrics.
- Represent Booking.com in market visits/conferences and at local and regional tourism and industry events, chipping in to the creation of presentation materials and Partner communications strategy, in order to develop ever stronger partnerships, driving our mutual business and ensuring close relationships with local partners.
- Lead projects focused on new products for the customers and partners. Working collaboratively with Product Owners, Insights team, CS, Legal, Tax and Finance teams. Ensuring the Rides Comercial team are represented across internal working groups and applying/providing data to support decision making.
Developing existing business
- Own Key Accounts and Strategic Partners portfolio, generating 10%-15% of Rides volume globally. Ensuring that core Commercial objectives and OKRs are translated into a clear and tailored Account Plans
- Performing weekly and monthly analysis of trading reports and quality data for key accounts and Strategic Partners, proactively identifying trends and opportunities that can support the commercial plans for Partners. Taking ownership for implementing subsequent actions, initiatives and updating the relevant parties.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with key and strategic Partners, influencing key decision makers to adopt our business initiatives; including but not limited to quality metrics, API (partner connectivity) and Driver Events.
- Leading quarterly and annual business reviews externally with Partners to ensure we are driving the strongest possible commercial results for both Booking.com and our Partners.
- Support for Account Managers with issues such as departmental project queries, identified regional challenges/market performance issues, tooling performance improvements.
- Ensuring that all relevant Partner information, actions and outcomes are logged in Salesforce to allow for information to be accurately shared with other internal departments such as Finance and Legal. Analyze data to identify trends and issues, taking appropriate actions with Partners to proactively realize opportunities and minimize risks.
Your skills and experience
- Language skills - full working proficiency in either Spanish or Portuguese (as well as English)
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience managing high value accounts/Partners
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships at senior and C suite level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong commercial acumen with strong understanding of our commercial KPIs, rebate strategy and contractual agreements and experience of negotiating rates, contracts and rebates.
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into meaningful actions and summaries for managers
- Language: English + region specific if required.
- Strong working use of Office and Google applications, including high level of Excel knowledge.
- Project management skills with experience leading cross functional working groups/projects
Benefits & Perks:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, breathtaking, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build a unique workplace, it also crafts a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.