Senior Technical Accounting Manager
For the Technical Accounting & Oversight team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accounting Specialist that will focus on US GAAP and SEC technical accounting topics and other related projects.
The Technical Accounting Specialist is a new position within Technical Accounting & Oversight. We are looking for someone with solid experience in US GAAP and SEC reporting and a strong understanding of other functional Finance areas such as Risk & Controls, SOX, Financial Systems and Compliance.
As part of Technical Accounting & Oversight, you will be primarily focused on leading the accounting treatment of new products, assessing the accounting of non-recurring transactions, participating in group reporting, and process improvement. In this role as a US GAAP and SEC reporting specialist, you will be part of a dynamic organization of finance professionals and will report to the Head of Technical Accounting & Oversight of Booking.com. You will be working from our headquarters in Amsterdam, but will interact regularly with our Group teams in the US.
Strong communication skills are essential. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead accounting implementation of new initiatives, products and non-recurring transactions
- Document the technical accounting assessment (US GAAP)
- Drive standardization and creation of processes, automation and simplification of tasks
- Partner with Financial Controllers and other key Finance departments (FP&A, Risk & Control, Business Units, Tax, Treasury and Reporting team)
- Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- University (Accounting, Business, Economic) degree and/or post-graduate education (RA/CPA/ACCA)
- Approx. 8-10 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP (IFRS experience is good to have)
- Big 4 Audit experience
- Experienced in working in a team in an international company and matrix organization
- Enthusiastic about improvement and innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Ambitious and inquisitive attitude
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.