Account Manager - Hamburg
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place.
Do you enjoy taking ownership and being responsible for your own internal business portfolio? Do you thrive in building positive relationships? Can you help Booking.com's partners grow their business by providing them with analysis, growth opportunities and new products and services? If your answer is "yes", you might have the determination to be our next Account Manager to join our outstanding Partner Services team in our Hamburg office.
You will be supporting the Local Partner Services team in Hamburg. You will be responsible for advising and consulting its accommodation partners in regards to their business performance, market opportunities and industry trends. You will empower partners on how to use the system, tools and available products of Booking.com BV with the goal of optimizing their performance on the platform and creating an amazing experience for Booking.com’s customers.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pro-active communication with partners in your region by telephone and by internal messaging to assist with the development of the business, also available for market visits to your designated portfolio
- Responsible for a portfolio of partners where you are the first point of contact, answering questions and following up when needed, also responsible of evaluating local market characteristics, trends and drivers
- Responsible for maintaining a stable relationship with the accommodation partners (i.e. frequent performance calls and contact to ensure they offer Booking.com’s customers the best availability and driven pricing)
- Be knowledgeable on Booking.com’s products so that their benefits and usage can be explained to Partners
- Find opportunities for partners that will help improve Booking.com’s business by using its internal segmentation to prioritize
- Help identifying new potential partner leads and pass this leads on for further follow up
- Responsible for taking Customer Service partner concerns which relate to their managed portfolio and solving these in the most efficient manner for the business, partner and customer
- Support the organization of events, such as workshops and webinars, for partners. Also encouraged to attend in the partner events for their managed portfolio
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management/sales/business development function
- Proficient in spoken and written English and German
- Affinity or experience within e-commerce and/or travel industry are considered a plus
- Proactive with a sense of responsibility and can work independently
- Accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Great teammate, self-motivated, flexible and open to change
- Hotel School or equivalent experience, or University background preferred
- Driver’s license (as the travelling will be done via car)
- Availability to travel up to 50% to a designated area within the country
Please note that for this position we are offering an initial 2 years contract that can be pro-longed after.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
- Private Pension
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
- Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
- Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also builds a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Career Development Opportunities:
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms (such as Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly)
- Please apply by using a resume/cover letter in English.
- The recruitment process will entail: a phone discussion with the recruiter, a competency business interview and a Business Case interview (3 stages)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.