Account Executive - Düsseldorf
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place.
Do you enjoy taking ownership and being responsible for your own internal business portfolio? Do you thrive in building positive relationships? Can you help Booking.com's partners grow their business by providing them with analysis, growth opportunities and new products and services? If your answer is "yes", you might have the determination to be our next Account Executive to join our outstanding Partner Services team in the Düsseldorf office!
The Account Executive manages a portfolio of partners, providing them with the commercial advice to increase their performance growth and business success.
- The main objective of the Account Executive is to drive basic commercial advice to partners in their portfolio while also evaluating the performance characteristics of a partner, and prioritizes and manages the performance of a portfolio of accounts to an expected business value.
- Proactively contacts partners, providing them with analysis, growth opportunities, feedback and informing and advising them about new products and services.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Pro-active communication with partners in your local market by telephone and by internal messaging to assist with the development of Booking.com’s business.
- Responsible for a portfolio of partners, the first point of contact, answering questions and following up when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a stable relationship with the accommodation partners (i.e. frequent performance calls and contact to ensure they offer our customers the best availability and competitive pricing) at property level.
- Be knowledgeable on Booking.com’s products so that their benefits and usage can be explained to Partners.
- Identify opportunities for partners that will help improve Booking.com’s business by using its internal segmentation to prioritize.
- Identify new potential partner leads and pass these leads on for further follow up.
- Responsible for taking Customer Service escalations which relate to their managed portfolio and solving these in the most efficient manner for the business, partner and customer.
- Support the organization of events, such as workshops and webinars, for partners. Also encouraged to attend and participate in the partner events for their managed portfolio.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solution oriented and results driven
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Ability to prioritize own workload and efficiently manage their time
- Strong and engaging communication skills
- Ability to influence partners over the phone to implement suggestions
- Eye for accuracy and ability to be analytical
- Language: English and German written and verbal (proficient level)
Please note that for this position we are offering an initial 2 years contract that can be pro-longed after.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms (such as Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly)
- Please apply by using a CV/cover letter in English
- The recruitment process will entail: a phone discussion with the recruiter, a competency business interview and a Business Case interview (3 stages)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.