Regional Banking Lead - Treasury
Booking.com has been on an exciting journey continually growing our product suite as we make strides towards making it easier for everyone to experience the world. To ensure our team is adequately equipped to support the added complexities in our business, our Treasury team is looking for a self-starting individual who is able to make a major contribution to the business by owning, gauging and supporting implementation of efficient payments and collections solutions across varied products and business models. Alongside owning, maintaining and improving our Banking capabilities and solutions in a predetermined geographic area, as a senior member of the team, this role would also entail guiding the team members on more specialized and functional aspects such as changing regulatory environment and complex/ technical Treasury topics. You will guide and work with them to deliver the Banking strategy to meet and support Business objectives.
Reporting to the Treasury Managers - Banking, this person will have the opportunity to collaborate with various internal functional teams and improve external banking and PSP relationships. Broadly, this role focuses on helping the company grow by engaging with new and existing banking relations, assess applicability of various FinTech and PSP providers such as to maintain fit for purpose B2B collection solutions. Furthermore, the role is responsible for (but not limited to) end to end management of a broad set of innovative banking, frictionless payment journeys and technology solutions in sophisticated environments.
You will be part of the Global Treasury Team of 50+ people and work closely with wider Treasury team members across Front office, Risk and cash management. You will be able to demonstrate perfect teamwork, coordination, and relationship leadership skills, with tenacity and work towards successful projects. Objectives extend to a number of technical landscapes (Regulatory, Legal, Tax, Products) and this role requires working effectively with partners in each area. You will be accustomed to a work environment that thrives on change, innovation, teamwork and self initiative, whilst also working within an enterprise risk framework.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Own end to end Banking relationship for the assigned region. Measure Banking and PSP performance (the latter with cross collaboration with FinTech business unit) to enable effective periodical service review with identified key providers;
- Own commercial KPI metrics including Banking/PSP Fees, Interest Conditions and drive overall efficiency and cost reduction within financial flows value chain;
- Own the allocation of business across partners (i.e. Banking wallet management) in the most effective way to ensure the best market practices and high service standards are delivered, negotiate SLAs whenever feasible and regularly update internal partners about performance against objectives.
- Drive the development and evolution of the company's global banking and FinTech capabilities, by identifying & deploying suitable collection and payments products within target countries (Cash Collections, Bank Transfer, Direct Debit, Virtual Accounts etc.);
- Present cases to banking regulatory bodies in different countries to acquire different permits and approvals required to enable payment solutions relevant to the business;
- Work together with payment providers to design new solutions in line with the changes in the finance or regulatory landscape in different countries;
- Create ROI-driven cases to successfully implement internally diverse products driving business growth;
- Responsible for effectively owning existing Banking/payments solutions and infrastructure in a predetermined region and run day to day operations in close collaboration with the wider Treasury team;
- Support the Treasury Manager - Banking on the team strategy and deliverables with a focus on increasing compliance, operational efficiency and cost reduction;
- Liaison between external and internal teams to ensure requirements are understood in due detail and the ‘right’, fit-for-purpose products are identified and implemented in a timely manner;
- Ensure all products and processes are compliant to all applicable rules and regulations (Banking and Payment regulations, Tax policies, SOX compliance processes);
- Ongoing monitoring of the evolving Banking landscape (new trends and payment innovation methods such as Blockchain or Open Banking for example) and proactively advise business teams on products and opportunities that could be demonstrated, optimizing or replacing existing products;
- Treasury and Banking professional with expertise and core experience in transaction banking products and cash management solutioning across different regions.
- Deep understanding of Banking and clearing landscape expertise on implementing different collection and payment solutions preferably in different regions with a broad sense of the payment trends and regulatory nuances;
- Advanced knowledge of finance technology and infrastructure and in-country regulatory frameworks including
- Experience in understanding and leading Banking and Treasury set-ups for licensed/ regulated entities with different regulators
- Excellent English speaker with strong communication skills, able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external partners from a variety of different cultures;
- Excellent people & stakeholder leadership skills is a must as this job will require heavy liaison and support being provided to several teams across different countries and looking after partners across different levels of seniority;
- Being able to efficiently lead ongoing daily operational queries, identify ways to automate and increase efficiency and also support the team members in their core areas;
- Master’s degree in Finance or specialized diploma in Treasury Management and Swift Certifications is a strong advantage. 5 - 8 years relevant working experiences;
- Willingness to work flexibly, and undertake global travel if required by the business;
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
A beautiful sustainable HQ Campus in Amsterdam, that offers on-site meals, coffee, and snacks, multi-faith and breastfeeding rooms at the office.
Commuting allowance and bike reimbursement scheme.
Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers.
Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs.
Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership.
#ThinkInclusion: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.