Country Manager - Partner Services, Japan & South Korea
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners, and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there and we bring it all together, in one place. We are seeking a Regional Manager - North APAC in our lovely Tokyo office.
The Regional Manager leads, coaches and develops high performing teams, supporting Booking.com strategy for their region, and translates global strategy into a regional relevant way, to define local execution. The Regional Manager commercially and operationally responsible for the performance of an assigned region, and advocates and represents opportunities for the region to the right stakeholders.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manages, develops and coaches a team of managers to high performance to achieve both organizational and regional objectives.
- Representative of the brand in the travel ecosystem and PA/PR activities, representing booking,com in public speaking events and media interactions.
- Delivers and executes travel ecosystem plans/strategy
- Provides senior-level connection with highest value partners in the region to drive the relationship
- Supports the team in managing top-tier partners with key decision makers in the region
- Drive tactical planning and execution of commercial, managerial and financial targets and initiatives for the region
- Builds and maintains relations with multi-level stakeholders in an (internal) matrix organization
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the partner services teams in the designated region
- Leads initiatives to deliver the business and people strategy in the assigned region
- People management responsibilities, such as recruitment, performance management, succession planning, talent development etc.
What You'll Bring:
- Extensive knowledge within a relevant business (8-12+ years) and North APAC market knowledge
- 5+ years of work experience in Japan and/or South Korea with intensive market knowledge
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams in an international environment
- Ability to lead teams through change and sponsor changes
- Ability to lead strategic commercial opportunities in multiple markets for the region
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management at C-suite level
- Excellent Public Speaking and communication skills
- English and Japanese or Korean language ability
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.