Data Analyst - Talent Acquisition
Data Analyst - Talent Acquisition
Data Analysts I work on analytics tasks such as reporting, visualization and analysis within the scope of their team. They advise collaborators in problem-definition, setting success metrics and crafting the way forward through data insights and effective communication with their audience. Data Analysts I have experience handling collaborators and can do this largely autonomously (seeking for help in sophisticated scenarios). They prioritize their work for business impact, efficiently adapt to business needs, and handle expectations accordingly. They combine their understanding of the business with the knowledge of data, workflows, methods and tooling to largely autonomously drive analysis and reporting within the scope of their team. They can adapt existing tooling and approaches based on business and user needs. They collaborate with peers in their craft and follow standard methodologies ensuring data quality and stability.
- Responsible for owning the design and delivery of parts of Data Analytics solutions based on business requirements, chipping in to bringing them from the initial idea-generation phase to implementation with some supervision.
- Responsible for working independently on consuming data, preparing it for analytical use and translating business problems to data stories. Can ask for mentorship on more sophisticated tasks.
- Responsible for working within the scope of their team and delivering work that advises business decisions for the product / business topic they currently work on.
- Responsible for demonstrating foundational skills in data analysis and data visualization to answer business questions. They incorporate partner requirements when crafting intuitive and educational visualizations that translate data into actionable insights.
- Responsible for connecting and collaborating with collaborators in operational and project-based roles under the mentorship of a manager. Uses effective communication to address their needs and presents data insights in an accessible, business-friendly manner.
- Responsible for being flexible in embracing existing internal Data Analytics approaches and growing their technical proficiencies when a more efficient way presents itself.
- Responsible for growing their own craft skills while leveraging Data Analytics for impact on well defined business problems.
- Responsible for supporting junior peers when opportunity presents itself through knowledge sharing and setting a good example.
- Responsible for networking and proactively connecting with craft peers beyond the team's scope.
- Must be familiar with the larger data ecosystem at Booking and how it relates to the work they do.
- Responsible for connecting with peers in related crafts (ie. Data Engineering) as needed on specific projects to ensure successful outcomes.
- Must have high level knowledge about the goals of their area (ie. track / vertical).
- Responsible for ensuring quality of their own work by validating it through peer review.
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Solid understanding in programming/scripting (SQL and either Python or R…)
- Experience with Workday, Greenhouse and other HR systems is a plus.
- Experience translating HR metrics and analytics to business leaders
- Ability to deliver quickly against tight deadlines
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, economics, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Curiosity about interpersonal psychology/employee experience
- Interpersonal skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey sophisticated analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of collaborators
- Phenomenal teammate with good interpersonal, relationship-building, and collaborator leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
- Knowledge and experience using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g: tableau, data studio, powerbi, mixpanel, etc)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.