Booking.com’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team strives to consciously create diverse, equitable and inclusive cultures and experiences where people are valued, feel valued, and are therefore empowered to contribute and achieve their full potential.
Newly re-structured under three key pillars of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we are looking for a Lead Inclusion to head the ongoing development and implementation of strategy and programs in this space. You will lead a hard-working team responsible for tailored programmes pertaining to employee resource groups (ERGs) and Wellbeing as well as embedding inclusion including through learning & development and individual business unit plans. You will also have responsibility for the support team who coordinate DEI communications & engagement efforts as well as operations & finance. Through your deep experience in this field, you will partner right across the company to embed DEI principles into business practices, build internal programs and support internal collaborators to cultivate an inclusive environment in a global organization.
This role is preferably based in our Global HQ in Amsterdam or Manchester office and reports directly to the Global Head of DEI.
What you’ll do:
- SME: Provide deep subject matter expertise to problem solve, design and deliver strategic solutions and partner with leaders on company-wide Inclusion initiatives and development of DEI-related goals for individual business units.
- Leadership: Build, mentor, and develop a team of DEI professionals fostering a high-performance and inclusive culture while connecting business needs to Inclusion opportunities.
- ERGs: Oversee ERG Program Lead responsible for strategy and governance of Booking’s global ERGs. Establish ERG playbook and framework for scaling growth. Supervise on & off-boarding and recognition program for ERG leaders, including annual ERG Leadership Summit. Provide thought partnership to scale annual company-wide Tier 1 and Tier 2 celebrations such as Black History Month and Pride Month, ensuring ERGs have dedicated DEI support to drive company-wide campaigns, creative identities, communications, and events.
- Embed DEI: Oversee Embed DEI Lead responsible for driving strategic alignment with our Leadership, Talent & Learning, Benefits, and HR Director teams to enhance organizational impact. Supervise development and implementation of Departmental Inclusion plans and Scorecards.
- Learning & Development: Supervise development of programmes to enhance leadership, managers and employee capability through Inclusion learning and upskilling. Accountable for embedding DEI principles into Booking-wide new-hire, manager, and hiring training. Provide strategic thought leadership to scale women in tech and leadership efforts including B. Champion mentoring & sponsorship, community of practice and Women in Leadership programmes centering underrepresented communities.
- Wellbeing: Oversee B. Well Program Lead who drives program engagement, ambassadors program and wellbeing interventions based on intersectional identity. Contribute to Sickness Prevention Program, Benefits, Financial Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Program to drive improved employee wellness..
- Brand & Editorial: Accountable for robust DEI reporting, quarterly newsletter and thought leadership blogs. Partner closely with communications teams on inclusive content, language, and programming. Partner cross functionally to develop company-wide DEI framework for quick responses and serve as the central point for DEI-related crisis responses across the company to ensure ERG communities are supported.
- Finance & Operations: Oversee DEI coordinator responsible for managing a significant budget, ensuring an equitable allocation of resources, operationalization, and reconciliation across DEI organization.
- Celebrations & Events: Develop company-wide inclusive events strategy and playbook. Be responsible for large company-wide Inclusion events, celebrations and conversations.
Your experience and skills:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as DEI practitioner or in DEI-focused role
- Inclusive leader with experience of driving dedication and excellence in a diverse team
- Experience building global scalable programs while understanding complexity of and need for regional and local nuance
- XFN partner across levels and business units in a multi partner environment. Ability to influence and align collaborators to define clear goals and track success
- Experience managing up to include senior leaders
- Proactive and strategic with ability to translate business strategies into practical solutions that strengthen our core values
- Strong organizational and program management skills with ability to work independently to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs
- Previous experience in a fast paced commercial and global environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills in English
Who you are…You:
- Understand structural and systemic diversity, equity and inclusion work and have experience working with and/or understanding of historically excluded communities
- Have a global perspective and appreciation of diverse views, cultural nuances and legislative impact on multiple DEI-related global issues as well as a willingness to keep learning
- Provide steady authentic leadership and do what matters in the moment
- Scope of influence across multiple organizations and multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to conjure the new and push boundaries to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company
- Manage up to senior executives and can handle a cross functional decision-making group with ease
- Have good judgment, making autonomous decisions when called for and seeking support when needed
- Communicate effectively; a good listener who can give/take clear direction verbally and have strong writing and oral skills
- Work independently and are eager to collaborate and support others
- Are a fast-learner, who can quickly adapt to new tools and technologies, as well as changing environments and priorities
- Look forward to bringing all of you to our team and company
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT BOOKING.COM: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.