Senior Manager Marketing Technology & Operations
As a Senior Manager Marketing Technology & Operations, you will drive the strategy and execution of our partner-facing marketing technology and marketing operations. You form a part of the Digital Partner Experience management team, effectively using and scaling digital interactions with our accommodation partners.
The role requires collaboration with teams within and outside of the department to understand partner needs, future requirements and our data and technology landscape to deliver world-class enablement of our business goals. You define the overall marketing technology and automation strategy as well as the long term strategy of the effective and efficient deployment of digital channels in our partner landscape improving the lean-in and preference of our accommodation partners.
The ability to demonstrate strong stakeholder skills is critical for the role. Our collaborators have a variety in terms of backgrounds and are positioned in commercial, brand marketing, technical, product management, legal, compliance, security and marketing departments.
The role sets their teams up for success by defining expectations, scope and ways of working and provides the team guidance and support in their daily work, coaching and mentoring them to ensure their personal and professional development. Creates a safe working environment that fosters a culture of collaboration and guides them through continuous changes.
Our tools are a mix of home-grown and 3rd provider technologies and algorithms. Our digital channels include email, social media, and owned partner platforms. We are on the brink of a major technology and data transformation which requires strong strategic, business and people skills to set us on the right course to scaling our business impact even further, impacting the success of more than 3 million partners on our platform globally. An integral part of the strategy is to ensure data-driven decision-making, to influence both impact and efficiency of the technology and campaigns the teams work with.
This role is for an individual that thrives in a result driven environment with high complexity. To highlight some of the complexity in this role: the team works on a global scale, in 40+ languages, with 3+ million accommodation partners ranging from global chains to small vacation rental owners, surfacing a wide array of commercial opportunities, adhering to local regulations, working in coalition with account managers in offices across the world and connectivity providers serving our partner with hospitality software solutions.
The senior manager sets the team for success by defining expectations, scope and ways of working and provides the team guidance and support in their daily work, coaching and mentoring them to ensure their personal and professional development. They create a safe working environment that fosters a culture of collaboration and innovation and guides them through continuous changes.
The role requires leading through team managers as well as individual contributors. The aim is to ensure a smooth and efficient running of the daily business hitting ambitious targets on our critical metrics while exploring new opportunities and innovations, including new technologies and new channels. The impact of the role is ensuring the return on investments in people and technology. This role is based in Amsterdam; the Netherlands.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Set a clear strategic heading for your teams with regard to marketing technology and operations, and how to increase the scalability and business impact of your area
- Be responsible for delivering business impact through partner-facing digital channels, for example:
- Increase partner performance, by efficiently segmenting and personalizing marketing approaches and become more relevant and by doing so ensure more partner lean-in to our programs and features
- Enhance the partner experience, e.g. by elevating how we educate and communicate through digital channels
- Ensure compliance with (new) regulatory requirements, e.g. by bringing to market programs that lead to high compliance rates by partners taking the required actions
- Set a long-term direction and drive scalability by developing business reasons for new features or platforms to be explored or scaled
- Design and lead transformational programs to enhance our marketing technology ecosystem
- Prioritize projects and activities based on business impact, balancing short and longer term benefits
- Lead and mentor digital marketing and technology teams. Recruit, retain, manage and grow extraordinary talent in digital experience in our partner-facing business-to-business environment
- Lead team members using the Booking.com values and set their people up for success by providing direction, coaching and autonomy with a situational leadership style.
- Empower and unlock all team members’ ability to do their best work, consistently challenge their self-development, and coach team members through professional challenges
- Evolve your teams and their set-up in line with our fast-paced change environment and developing scopes, roles and responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong connections with product, technology, marketing, security, procurement, legal departments within the company
- Provide consultancy with regard to marketing technology and marketing operations to key collaborators, including for instance partner product teams, engineering, legal and compliance
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive relevant job Knowledge (8 - 12 years)
- 7+ years leading a marketing function connected to a multinational organization, preferably in a Business-to-Business context.
- Deep expertise in setting digital technology strategies. And moreover, extensive experience in using this expertise to lead cross-departmental innovation in a wider business.
- Experience in leading a marketing operations team in a complex business environment.
- Experience with owning performance metrics of a digital channel, displaying a focus on business impact
- Mentality of taking an MVP/iterative approach in bringing positive change on the shorter term building towards the future vision.
- Extensive experience with working and negotiating with 3rd party software providers.
- Extensive experience with leading and coaching teams including building and growing teams.
- Consistent track record of change management, supporting team members and business collaborators and owning their role as a management team member of the transformation of a wider department.
- Business and technology savvy to quickly understand Booking’s objectives and the way all parts of the company work together and define key results in their own area and drive business reasons accordingly.
- Proven outstanding stakeholder management skills on various levels of the organization, including collaborators with a wide range of background (product, technology, marketing, legal, compliance etc.).
- Creative thinking with strong analytical skills and a learning and experimentation mentality.
- Exceptional oral and written communication with the ability to facilitate discussions with both execution and leadership teams.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
The benefits and perks offered by the company can be found here.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
Read all about IDBW and the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at Booking.com here
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.