Senior GL Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Senior GL Accountant - Intercompany Accounting - Corporate Accounting
Senior Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources, and be accountable that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements in line with US GAAP. The role will have ownership for a specific scope ( multiple country ledger or a corporate responsibility). It will coach and develop accountants and support new hires with their onboarding.
- Be Responsible for reconciling accounts, post journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
- Analyze,compile and verify financial information and create financial reports and accounting statements so that the extended leadership team has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions. These reports may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow,debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings
- Be the subject matter expert of technical accounting to advise within one's area of expertise to functional or operational areas & managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Be Responsible for the monthly (quarterly, annual) closing processes of theledger, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayment, payroll & intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts,detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation, balance sheets and perform profit and loss review of various legal entities during the closing procedures
- Proactively Support in covering all compliance requirements, i.e. Sox, tax, statutory and statistical filings and audits, highlight issues and recommend process improvements where possible
- Support Internal & external audits and inquiries
- Support Timely tax registration, legal entity set-up/change and treasury arrangements etc. together with the specific department
- Be Responsible for a specific scope, for example a multiple country ledger or corporate responsibility (i.e. supplier invoices)
- Be Responsible for complex accounts, e.g. revenue, cost of sales, accruals,prepayment, payroll- and intercompany transactions
- Ensure Mastering of systems and processes are complete, responsible for ledger involving multiple countries and / or stakeholders.
- Mentor And coach Accountants with their onboarding and continuous development
Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- Able to cope with dynamic and high change environment
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful with strong work ethic
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Strong IT experience in financial systems, including SAP, is preferable
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.