IT Support Technician
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are IT Services
Do you want to own IT Services that have a positive impact on the entire workforce? Working with some of the latest technologies and global deployment challenges? Well, we are looking for a talented IT Support Technician to join our IT Services department in Manchester.
In IT Services we design, build and maintain all the corporate technology our Booking.com workforce needs day-to-day, so they can in-turn deliver great products to our customers.
This includes, for instance; SaaS applications, Identity, SSO, collaboration tools, productivity suites, communication platforms, endpoints, laptops, VDI solutions, video conferencing, voice infrastructure, Wi-Fi connectivity, VPN, ITSM and a plethora of other bespoke developed applications.
Booking.com is looking for a quality focused IT Support Technician who wishes to immerse him/herself into the fast-moving dynamics of a successful and rapidly growing company. You will install, setup and troubleshoot all aspects of user desktops, software and phone systems. In your role you will help empower and grow your colleagues to maximize the talent and potential in the whole team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical support to all employees of Booking.com face to face and remote through phone and email;
- Use your initiative and technical knowledge to diagnose any technical support/IT problems on the desktops, laptops and phone system and provide effective resolutions or information to the user;
- Carry out local onsite maintenance tasks
- Liaise with local stakeholders upon needs to guarantee the regular running of business operations
- Proactively provide information and regular communication to users on the progress of outstanding support calls and provide an indication of timescale for resolution;
- Display knowledge of our internal organization by finding the right person that can assist in solving the issue;
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks from different sizes and business importance;
- Document and contribute to the knowledge base;
- Prepare computer hardware
- Provide administrative maintenance on user accounts
- Engage in interaction to resolve issues together with the team.
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts if requested.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience providing IT technical support;
- Advanced troubleshooting experience both on-site and remote;
- Troubleshooting experience and installation knowledge of Microsoft and Apple products and applications;
- Experience with SCCM, JAMF/Casper suite for imaging;
- Experience with mobile devices: phones and tablets;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite in an enterprise environment;
- Understanding of and experience with Active Directory and Windows Server usage, AD Domain’s, DNS service, DHCP service;
- Understanding of and experience with TCP-IP, LAN, WAN, Internet Explorer and/or Chrome browser;
- Experience with PC and Laptop’s hardware troubleshooting in an enterprise environment: both Mac and Windows;
- Experience troubleshooting standalone and network printers;
- Experience with any ticketing system;
- Outstanding communication skills in English (written and verbal);
- Team player and ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Business Awareness and ability to prioritize decisions in favor of the business.
What we offer:
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country. More details on the benefits and perks offered by the company can be found here.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.