Market Team Manager - Bulgaria (Sofia)
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people is how we do it. There's a whole planet of possibilities out there, and we bring it all together, in one place.
Do you enjoy taking ownership and being responsible for your own internal business portfolio? Do you thrive in building positive relationships? Can you help Booking.com's partners grow their business by providing them with analysis, growth opportunities and new products and services? If your answer is "yes", you might have the determination to be our next Market Team Manager to join our outstanding Partner Services team in the Sofia office.
You will be supporting the Local Partner Services team in Bulgaria. The Market Team Manager is responsible for steering their teams towards increasing business results to achieve team metrics and company targets. Responsible for driving operational excellence amongst their team by fully understanding all aspects of local operations to improve efficiency. Responsible for directly leading the account management team by focusing on talent development and coaching. Fully proficient in applying well-developed knowledge of commercial methods.
Key Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and coaches a team of employees to achieve both organizational and individual objectives.
- Responsible for internal and external recruitment activities in the team.
- Drives the development of individuals, using frameworks and tools to empower the team.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with the important partners to achieve targets and growth.
- Establish ties with partners through accompanying team members on visits, events and industry conferences.
- Lead the organization of partner events with the objective to drive business results.
- Be the market expert on the industry by understanding the spectrum of the competitors and the landscape of partners.
- Review team targets’ pace to ensure meeting business goals by guiding and coaching the team in planning and prioritizing.
- Be the expert on the operational side to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the organization of events, such as workshops and webinars, for partners, also encouraged to attend in the partner events for their managed portfolio
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in an international environment
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Demonstrated ability in a similar position (3-5 years)
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Bulgarian
- Affinity or experience within e-commerce and/or travel industry are considered a plus
- Accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Driver’s license
- Availability to travel within the country 50% of the time(via car)
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Health insurance
- Multi sport gym card
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Booking.com
- Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
- Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also builds a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Career Development Opportunities:
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms (such as Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly)
- Please apply by using a resume/cover letter in English.
- The recruitment process will entail: a phone discussion with the recruiter, a competency business interview and a Business Case interview (3 stages)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.