Senior Treasury Specialist
Senior Treasury Specialist
Given the truly global presence of Booking.com and its distinct business model combined with a centralised Treasury structure, the Booking.com Treasury Business Unit can be considered outstanding. In practice, this means that Booking Treasury has highly specialized teams that are responsible for the key Treasury sub functions within treasury organization; Cash Management, Risk Management, Front office: Investments & Trading, Banking and finally Middle Office Operations.
A successful Senior Specialist will apply practical and technical Treasury knowledge gained across the different processes that the team is responsible for. In addition, the Senior Specialist is the Subject Matter Expert for areas assigned, while effectively providing coaching and support to Treasury Specialists within the Middle Office team on an individual and collective basis ensuring that operations are conducted in alignment with defined controls and procedures.
Furthermore, the individual takes a leading role to identify and implement operational improvements. With tenacity and a drive for change initiatives combined with successful project delivery, the individual is able to work effectively with experts and partners across various levels and internal functions to develop operational and compliant solutions and implement innovative process improvements to support evolving business requirements.
- Subject Matter expert for certain Treasury middle and back office processes across FX Hedging and Investment programs, Banking Administration, Trade Finance and Intercompany Loan Administration
- Manage, complete and allocate tasks in relation to Trade and Regulatory Guarantee programs
- Lead the execution of Mid Office recurring activities relating to FX Hedging programs (confirming settlements with banks and settling accordingly)
- Lead monthly Bank Fees reporting/analysis
- Manage maintenance of inter company loan agreements and positions, and quantification/ confirmation of monthly interest accruals & charges
- Ensure market data maintenance within s/4 Hana for FX programs
- Support maintenance of user access rights across Global Banking platforms ensuring that associated SOX controls are performed aligned with control frameworks
- Execute MO/BO operational Investment activities to include, but not limited to, Custody Account setup, matching, settlements and divestment activities, and confirming relevant SSI’s.
- Responsible for FX Business Partner Management (SSIs) inclusive of S/4 system set ups, updates and general maintenance
- Execution of regulatory and legally required Treasury documentation, to include EMIR Delegated Reporting Agreements, Master Confirmation Agreements, ISDA Protocol adherence, Legal Entity Identifier renewals etc.
- Monthly preparation of critical metric items performed by the team and assist on further improvements of those
- Champions further improvement of the newly implemented S4 system for processes that fall within the team specifically.
- Find opportunities to make valuable contributions through process automation and the elimination of manual and time consuming processes
- Assess impacts of new business requirements on existing Treasury Operations processes and support in the development of operational solutions as well as the implementation
- Maintain and update Process documentation and desktop procedures (Job Aids) and act as control owner across (SOX) control attestation areas
- Assist in the execution and delivery of ad-hoc projects where required
- Coach and support Treasury Operations team, ensuring standard methodologies are applied and control frameworks adhered to
- Master degree in an applicable field - Professional Treasury qualification is a plus (RT, ACT)
- A proven track record of 3 -5 years of relevant treasury experience gained in a corporate treasury environment within a large multinational (or banking institution) within an operations role is highly preferred
- Direct Experience with SAP ECC and S4 HANA Treasury systems is preferred
- Experienced with extended Treasury applications such as, Banking platforms, FXALL Settlement Center, Bloomblerg, Refinitiv Market Data Services, DTCC etc.
- Experienced with operational improvements and preparing process and (risk) control documentation
- Strong FX regulatory knowledge (EMIR, Dodd Frank, Mifid II) is a plus
- Proven experience in working effectively and efficiently with different cultures while communicating with different stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively (but also independently when required) as part of a team and across multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver successful project outcomes
- Able to demonstrate relentless tenacity to drive business objectives and deliver results on multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Experience of working in adherence with SOX internal control procedures and processes
- Excellent English speaker with strong communication skills, able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external partners at all levels of seniority
- Self-starter able to work on a structured approach with minimal direct supervision
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a dynamic environment and in ambiguous situations
- Advanced Gsuite / Excel and PowerPoint skills
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.