Senior Manager Business Operations - Central Tech
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Booking.com connects travellers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts and even tree houses. The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in over 40 languages, offer more than +28 million total reported listings, and cover +140K destinations in +200 countries worldwide.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
The Central Technology department is critical to this mission. We are a technical organization providing capabilities that make it possible for our Booking teams to build the ultimate travel experience for our customers. The Central Tech Strategy and Operations team is hiring a Senior Manager Business Operations. In this role, you will be at the heart of the department’s day to day operations.
Working closely with the sub-departments within Central Tech and with the People department, you ensure everyone in Central Tech receives the support they need. With our Central Tech teams, the Booking.com strategy team, and leaders from across the business, you ensure that we execute on the company’s top priorities - from planning to delivery.
In this role, you’ll be expected to manage a small Business Operations team, and to implement the processes that are necessary for the team to be successful. We work in a fast-paced environment, so it is essential that you are able to add structure where needed and remove red tape where possible. You play a major role in ensuring the department’s success, and will have a front row seat as we shape the future of travel.
Primary responsibilities are organized around three pillars with just enough alignment on planning and execution across the sub-departments.
- Drive the strategic planning process from beginning to end
- Lead the annual planning process in collaboration with the Central Tech leadership and sub-department business operations teams.
- Act as the interface between Central Tech and key stakeholders- working with Central Tech sub-department teams and Business Operations partners in other departments to ensure key dependencies are identified, prioritized and aligned upon.
- Partner with key stakeholders to our annual plan into budget submission and approval.
- Oversee the execution of Central Tech strategic priorities
- Set up the right governance model and tracking to oversee the execution of the annual plan, including breakdown into quarterly and monthly business cycle - balancing oversight with business agility (eg. ‘smart’ reporting requirements to minimize disruption to teams).
- Ensure dependencies identified as part of the annual planning cycle are followed up, supporting re-prioritization of initiatives where needed and escalating potential blockers.
- Oversee the delivery of output materials for business reviews, board updates and leadership updates.
- Support cross-functional initiatives to help make Central Tech the best place to work and improve the Central Tech P&L
- With the People department, drive initiatives to improve recruitment, onboarding and community building. Help evaluate our way of working, and drive changes to help us achieve our goals.
- With the Finance department and product teams, help identify and recommend levers to improve the Central Tech P&L and support the prioritization of those initiatives vs. other objectives
- 12+ years of proven track record in program and/or business operations management. Experience in the payments or e-commerce industry is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing people. Experience managing large teams or supporting people processes for large teams is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building relationships within diverse teams, across organization and outside.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- ability to discuss with and influence senior management.
- Exceptional business understanding; independently using data to drive decision-making and lead by example.
- Ability to break up highly complex problems into actionable and easy to understand solutions.
- Proven track record in change management in large organizations.
- Able to function well within ambiguity and in a constantly changing environment.
- Contributing to a high-scale, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide as we promote and drive innovative payments and financial services solutions.
- Working in one of the fastest growing areas of the business, with big ambitious plans for the future and ‘start-up like’ mindset.
- Personal development and career growth through unique 360 position in the business.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.