Financial Analyst - Commercial
Booking.com Transport Ltd is part of the Trips Business Unit at Booking.com. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners, and people, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The Trips business unit will bridge the Booking.com of today with the Booking.com of tomorrow, leading the evolution from a single-product company to a multi-product offering company with an unprecedented, personalised travel experience at the heart of its success!!
In this role, you are an FP&A business partner for the Cars Commercial vertical, at the heart of delivering the Booking.com connected trip strategy, helping make it easier for customers to explore the world.
As a self-motivated individual, you will use your experience in data collection, preparation, analysis and visualisation to define important metrics, generate reports and provide insights into risks and opportunities.
You will be responsible for analysing, reporting and forecasting performance. You will support our operational business units with analysis & recommendations, helping us achieve company goals. Furthermore, there is a focus on analysing and reporting performance of existing products - driving automation and efficiencies to reduce the level of manual intervention required.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create meaningful and actionable variance analysis comparing performance of critical metrics with relevant comparison points
- Build & maintain regular reporting in an easy to use, insightful and actionable way to department partners
- Support the business planning processes by forecasting the relevant critical metric performance over the short, medium and long term
- Own the financial rebates process, tracing and forecasting.
- Support business decision making through exploring business questions using data analysis and visualisation and delivering conclusions and recommendations
- Support the business by providing reliable financial data and insights, put into the context of Booking’s business operations and highlighting risks, opportunities and deviations from expectations
- Collaborate with other business units to improve ways of working and ensure appropriate reporting, process and metric alignment
- Support on projects, providing relevant insights, reporting and financial impact information
- Maintain key reports, metrics and workflows running within their scope, including where relevant highlighting data integrity issues and escalating to appropriate teams
Skills and Experience
- Advanced Excel skills with 1-2 years of data processing experience
- Experience in Hadoop, SQL highly desirable
- Commercial experience using data visualisation skills (Tableau, PowerBi etc.)
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong numerical skills and commercial awareness
- Able to effectively build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Confident communicating with a varied audience, explaining complex problems and analysis in a concise, understandable way
- Able to appropriately prioritise and organise workload independently
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
Booking.com’s total rewards philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our rewards are aimed at making it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer — all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits — on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- A great, brand new office to in the heart of Manchester
- Free breakfast and lunch
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Health & well-being benefits such as mental health support, access to health insurance, etc.
- Employer contribution pension
- Industry-leading parental leave and adoption leave
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks’ fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent
- Carer’s leave. 10 days’ fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill family members.
- Hybrid Working (UK): We believe in office attendance at least 40% of your time whilst empowering you with the flexibility to plan where to do your best work.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to discuss any requirements.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Career Development Opportunities
At Booking.com, we’re constantly growing and we want to provide resources to help grow your career.
- Free access to online learning platforms
- Development and mentorship programs to support career growth
- Access to trainings and workshops
- Team development opportunities
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.