Credit Controller - Japan Market
Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd, one of the support companies in Singapore, is looking for a Japanese speaking Credit Controller based in our Singapore Office.
A Booking.com Credit Controller is responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of accounts. The Credit Controller is the main point of contact for these customers for all invoice related issues. The Credit Controller is expected to build strong relationships with customers and business partners in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid to the terms of the Booking.com contract. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Collect Open Invoices from Accommodation Partners in Japan
- Provides scalable solutions which can be implemented to streamline processes
- Cross functional Communication with both internal and external parties
- Increase growth of company through improving cycle times like DSO, Cash allocation and Delivery of invoices
- Thanks to these works, the Credit Controller will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking’s business and internal organization and will prepare themself to a broader role.
- Key factors of success in this role are a good understanding of the business priorities, strong communication skills and, above all, the capacity to implement projects and reach the pre-set objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drive progress through simple and targeted action plans. Implement short term loops of progress and tackle the issues one by one at a high pace
- Create Best Practice and share with Peers
- Be a business partner with Hotels team
- Create a out of the box mind set to improve customer payment behavior
- Is owner of Key Performance Indicators like DSO, % received cash, within 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with peers across the business to create successful roll outs
- Planning skills
- Managing and Developing Yourself
- Technical knowledge of Collections software
- Strategic/Longer Term Contribution
- Ability to travel if required as part of the role
Role Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives.
- Excellent communication and transversal management skills.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Understanding of business practices and systems.
- Facilitate and practice security and confidentiality of information
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Japanese (Native or JLPT N1 Level) and English verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in Finance or related field
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parental (22-weeks paid leave), grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, working from home furniture and ergonomic support, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
- Discounts & Wallet credits to spend on our products, upgrade to Booking.com Genius Level 3, and friends & family Booking.com discount vouchers
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs
- Global Employee Assistance Program, free Headspace membership
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
Career Development Opportunities:
- Bi-annual performance conversations, company-wide mentoring program, and internal development and growth opportunities
- Unlimited access to online learning platforms (such as Udemy, Coursera, LinkedIn learning, O'reilly)
- Detailed instructions on post-application requirements including any required application materials, deadlines, portfolios, coding challenges, or other assessments as defined by BU or department
- Please apply by using a CV in English
- The general recruitment process may entail: a phone discussion with the recruiter and two proficiency business interviews (3 stages)
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.