SAP Developer (ABAP), FinTech
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform – whenever and however it’s convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit – with teams in Amsterdam, Bangalore, London and Shanghai – develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process. That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travelers and partners.
The Financial Systems team provides technology expertise to the finance department and is responsible for SAP, HANA, and connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We want to change the way people work with SAP, by building a finance application platform that supports simplification of business processes, and empowers the finance community with better financial insights.
We run our SAP environment on HANA and in February 2016 we migrated to Simple Finance. In 2019 we started our journey to S4 HANA with Central Finance.
As a SAP developer, you will be responsible for implementing technology that enables and extends solutions to meet business requirements and fits into Booking.com's system architecture. Responsible for implementing changes and new functions, testing new developments, collaborating with SAP specialists, stakeholders and developers. Give strong support for maintaining and improving all Financial processes, systems and functionalities, which requires good understanding of Financial principals, terms. Actively contributing in identifying best technical solutions together with SAP specialists. Help to train and grow junior colleagues. Learn and share knowledge of new technologies.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. We’re looking for humble, ambitious people who are keen to develop and grow, pick up new technologies and responsibilities.
Key Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Converting business requirements into technical design and implement them in line with existing standards and system architecture
- Support business and functional partners with implementing an innovative solution in SAP S4 using compliant methodologies
- Build scalable interfaces co-operating with other internal or external technical teams
- Build test options for technical solutions, using Booking.com's test methodology and tools
- Create, keep up-to-date and review technical documentations to guide internal and external users, publish them on Booking's forums
- Build front-end applications applying the local booking or standard SAP best practices, guidelines
- Implement changes, bug fixes and new functions based on business requirements
- Convert partners’ requirements into technical specification
- Contribute in 2nd-, and 3rd line of technical support activities
- Contribute to the team spirit by encourage the willingness for new solutions, continuous learning and innovation
- Learn new technologies and build innovative solutions
- Optimize and redesign old functions, to improve business processes using SAP standard methodologies
- Share knowledge with other colleagues
Role Qualifications & Requirements
- Have good knowledge of financial processes, accounting functions and activities
- Advanced level of knowledge of ABAP with at least 5+ years of development experience.
- Hands-on experience with SAP Systems and its ABAP development techniques for RICEFW, WebService and API development.
- At least a basic SAP FIORI development experience.
- Experience with HANA development or SAP VIM is a plus.
- Good development knowledge of S4HANA and new ABAP 7.5x syntax (CDS, RAP, AMDP)
- A great teammate, proactive and capable of working independently
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Solution oriented and result driven demeanor
- Agile attitude and ability to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to handle various tasks
- Very good understanding of all Financial activities, functions, processes
Benefits & Perks: Global impact, Personal Relevance
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- We aim to empower you to do your best work, whether in the office or at home, as well as 20 days per year to work from abroad with our Work from Abroad benefit* (subject to terms and conditions);
- Opportunity to apply technical expertise, leadership capabilities and ambitious spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Need more flexibility in your work week? We are happy to consider part-time, and reduced working week opportunities* (min. 32 hours per week, subject to terms and conditions);
- Parental Leave: From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks’ fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent;
- Care Leave: 10 days’ fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill community members;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.