Credit Controller Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian speaker
Credit Controller - Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. If you would like to be part of our team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
We are looking for a Credit Controller – Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian speaker based in our Amsterdam Office.
A Booking.com Credit Controller is responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of accounts. The Credit Controller supports Booking.com BV by being a main point of contact for its customers for all invoice related issues. The Credit Controller is expected to build strong relationships with Booking.com’s customers and business partners in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid to the terms of Booking.com BV’s hotel contract. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts to settle balances immediately in full;
- Monitor overdue debtors, identify and action significant collection risk issues and minimize overall DSO;
- Communicate proactively and clearly with internal and external customers on significant issues to indicate progress and to resolve issues;
- Ensure that allocation issues are handled satisfactorily by working closely with the Accounts Receivable Team;
- Actively note and document customer payment issues and communications;
- Be proactive in increasing the number of accounts that pay by Direct Debit, where available;
- Perform in accordance with business policy and procedures;
- Handle ad hoc issues and projects, whenever required
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of collections or Credit Control is a big plus;
- You MUST be fluent in English and Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills (in all levels of business);
- Strong negotiating skills – Able to negotiate assertively when required;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Analytical – ability to identify risks;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team – Strong team player;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning credit control. Require the ability to change the thinking, mindset of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are striven to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build an outstanding workplace, it also crafts a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.” We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment!!
Please note: the above vacancy is based in Amsterdam and the successful candidate could be required to attend the Amsterdam office according to company policies and business needs. Please note that for this role we will not support you with a relocation package and therefore only consider local candidates.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.