Senior Business Solutions API Consultant - New York City
Booking.com - world’s #1 accommodation site and 3rd largest global e-commerce player - is looking for a Senior Business Solutions Architect to join the Connectivity Professional Services team based out of New York City.
Connectivity Professional Services is part of the Connectivity Partnerships team who are responsible for managing the ecosystem of hospitality technology companies and provide IT solutions for our accommodation partners. These partners range from channel management to Property Management Systems and from online booking engines to Revenue Management.
The Senior Business Solutions Architect is a technical & business expert within Connectivity Professional Services who works with our clients - such as Chains and Premier Connectivity Partners - being their trusted advisor during transformational projects for optimizing the accommodations’ experience and increasing accommodations business in using Booking.com products and services.
To be successful it is required you have experience in pre-sales and post-sale engagements. You have a proven track-record in solutioning and implementation discussions with senior executives. You are well versed in pitching technical solutions backed up with business data. You are an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills who strives to consistently meet and exceed client expectations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- quickly establishing relationships and becoming a trusted advisor for all of our clients.
- organize solutioning engagements of potential Connectivity solutions between Booking.com and partner hospitality tech teams.
- driving a transparent process for feedback loops from the client and market to internal colleagues in various product teams to help prioritize the technical solution, based on validated industry best practices and knowledge.
Vision, Design and Execution
- assess, understand and shape the solution landscape of clients to accelerate the adoption of Booking.com’s Connectivity Products.
- Is responsible for coordinating Clients to success in optimizing the experience for their clients and therefore improving the accommodation partners’, the clients’, and our business. Is responsible to support and improve Connectivity Partner’s technical capabilities around Booking.com platform and infrastructure, by delivering a scalable learning path and Architectural workshops.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
Experience building software applications
- Has sufficient knowledge to build software applications by using relevant languages and applying knowledge of systems, services and tools appropriate for the business area.
- Has sufficient knowledge to maintain data security, integrity and quality by effectively following standards and best practices.
Continuous Quality and Process Improvement
- Is able to envision opportunities for process, system and structural improvements (i.e performance gains) by examining and evaluating current process flows, methods and standards.
- design and implement relevant improvements by defining adapted/new process flows, standards, and practices that enable business performance.
- Msc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field experience required.
- Recommended 7+ years experience in IT or Consulting space of which 4+ in any of the following roles: solution architect, implementation consultant, sales engineer or solution consultant.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, enterprise APIs, solution architecture within web and mobile environments and emerging computing trends.
- Experience owning delivering technical projects, across multidisciplinary teams, in customer facing roles with a consistent track record of effective collaborations.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and application architecture. Preferably hands-on experience with one or more programming languages.
- Experience in crafting proposals and solving business challenges with technical solutions.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Availability for travel up to 40% of the time.
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements,
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- This role comes with relocation assistance
- This role does not come with Visa sponsorship
- For New York City this role will have a salary range of: $203,800 - $226,000
- This role comes with 23 day of paid vacation per year
- *Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
Should you require accommodation to meet the essential functions of this job, please let us know.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.