Senior Lead Program Manager & Lead Program Manager - Pipeline
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Please note that this job posting serves as part of a proactive sourcing effort for future hiring needs in Program Management for our organization. We are excited to engage proactively with top senior Program Management talent!
The Community You Will Join:
Global Operations is the foundation of our global community. To help foster and build that connection, we want the interactions between our hosts and guests to embody our community and company values so that everyone can continue to travel safely and securely.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a Senior Lead & Lead Program Manager, you are responsible for implementing large-scale, cross-functional and cross-platform programs that drive the strategic goals of the Global Operations organization and Airbnb. You serve as the bridge between critical business functions such as Global Operations, Marketing, Creative, Product, Design, Engineering, Policy and Comms teams, aligning stakeholders and shepherding teams through the process of bringing our strategic initiatives to life. You will lead the end-to-end scoping, planning, execution, and launch of initiatives to deliver success for our product, hosts, and guests. This leader will report directly to the Director of Program Management leader within Global Operations. This high touch independent contributor must come with experience working with seasoned executives, and be able to work with and influence stakeholders across entire organizations throughout Airbnb.
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Senior Lead & Lead Program Manager with a strong focus on navigating ambiguity, working with executive leadership, and setting and driving expectations across critical Global Operations initiatives. The ideal candidate must have experience in leading programs that are driving value for contact centers, trust and safety issues, payments, risk and fraud management and insurance products and will have a proven track record of successfully managing large-scale programs and projects. This role will play a critical role in building the credibility of the Global Operations Project Management organization and the role requires outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
A Typical Day:
- Lead complex cross-functional teams and manage multiple programs simultaneously, ensuring successful delivery while navigating ambiguous situations.
- Collaborate closely with executive leadership to establish and maintain strategic alignment, communicate project status, and manage expectations.
- Develop and implement program plans, schedules, budgets, and performance metrics that align with executive-level expectations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by mentoring and coaching project teams, providing guidance, and sharing best practices to ensure project success.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and team members, including executive leaders, to ensure effective collaboration.
- Proactively manage risk and resolve complex issues that may impact project schedules and budgets.
- Adapt to changing project requirements in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Act as a driving force in the development and growth of the PMO organization, defining processes, policies, and best practices to enhance project delivery and efficiency.
- Continuously evaluate and improve project management processes and methodologies to enhance organizational efficiency and contribute to the maturation of the PMO.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in program management, with at least 2 years of relevant global operations platform exposure in either; community support, trust, payments or insurance. Must have a proven track record of delivering large-scale programs and projects, particularly in a senior capacity.
- Familiarity with leading complex programs that require both agile and waterfall product life cycle development, business process improvement and/ or change management is needed to effectively implement transformation at the scale required across Global Operations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, particularly in ambiguous situations and working closely with executive leadership.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a keen ability to manage expectations across multiple levels of leadership.
- Experience working with a large number of cross-functional teams and leading project teams through influence and accountability .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on communicating with executive leadership.
- Strong sense of ownership and are results-driven, always striving to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Adaptable and able to work well under pressure, with a strong ability to think on their feet and make quick, informed decisions.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.