Communications Specialist, Japan
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Airbnb Communications team is responsible for telling Airbnb’s story around the world.
We help drive consideration and usage of our products and services in addition to generating buzz, supporting the legitimization of our community, and promoting trust in our brand. We lead the communications strategy to make Airbnb synonymous with magical travel and the world’s leading platform for hospitality entrepreneurs.
We speak to the media, influencers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders and the wider community - we are the voice of Airbnb. We’re a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you’d like to be part of one of the world’s greatest teams, come tell us your story.
The Difference You Will Make:
We are hiring a Communications Specialist for Japan. With so much going on in so many places, we need an organisational and administrative superhero to keep everyone on the right track and help manage the team’s day to day operations. You need to be meticulously organised and detail-oriented, but can also see the big picture and make judgements about priorities whenever needed.
You will work closely with the country and APAC communications team to develop and implement a best-in-class approach to Airbnb’s regional social and owned channels strategy. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with experience across content marketing and managing social media channels.
Passionate about creative storytelling and with a nose for news, you will also be responsible for cascading key editorial updates from the global team to country teams across Asia Pacific and will be required to help ideate and devise editorial pitches and news angles as part of a global editorial task force.
The role is based in Japan and reports to the Head of Communications for Japan.
A Typical Day:
- Manage Japan social media and newsroom channels, supporting country teams with content creation
- Own the Japan communications calendar
- Subject matter expert for measurement, effectiveness and reporting
- Tracking budgets and expenditure in our central systems - creating and managing purchase orders, budgets, invoices and regular reports
- Research current media, travel, influencer policy and lifestyle trends and identify opportunities for regional initiatives
- Plan and organize team events and offsites and manage the agenda for weekly meetings
- 2-5 years experience working in a similar role in a PR agency or in-house communications team; preference to those with tech/ travel/ publicly listed company experience
- Exceptional organisational skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Slack and Google Docs and proven experience creating high caliber decks and presentations through Google Slides/ Powerpoint
- Experience working with and executing celebrity and influencer campaigns
- Understanding of celebrity and influencer marketing and relevant market specific social media channels
- A strong track record managing budgets and expenditure for a large, regionally dispersed team
- Excellent intrapersonal skills
- A passion for innovative and creative storytelling, pop culture and social media
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.