Lead Localization Program Manager
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Localization at Airbnb has fast evolved from being managers of translation services to being international product managers, partners to launching teams across all content at Airbnb and have launched complex core product capabilities like Translation Engine (Airbnb specialized machine translation service) across all product flows with user-generated content.
We are continuing our investment in hiring internationalization experts that can sit at the table with product teams across Airbnb, Designers, UX Writers, Data Scientists, Product and Internationalization Engineering, vendor program managers, QA Managers and senior leaders, to plan and design internationalized and localizable products in addition to supporting their translation needs.
The Difference You Will Make:
This role owns the creation and management of end-to-end localization project and program timelines, as well as all localization deliverables, within a portfolio of prioritized product or marketing launches. This role partners with the launching product management and technical product management teams and/or creative producers (for marketing campaigns) to integrate localization milestones into the launch schedule. This role will influence content, design, and internationalization - all aspects need to be ready for the target markets.
A Typical Day:
- Partner with all internal Airbnb teams and functions to launch world-class globalized product features, community support content, and marketing campaigns that are culturally-relevant and linguistically-appropriate.
- Create and manage localization project and program timelines, as well as deliver up-to-date visibility into project progress in alignment with team objectives.
- Integrate international requirements by partnering with the existing network of in-country Language Managers, local Marketing Managers, and Sales Operations points of contact.
- Contribute to process optimization to deliver high quality, cost-effective, and time efficient product localization.
- 10+ years in Localization Program Management, International Product Management, or equivalent roles, helping core product and marketing teams to successfully launch internationally.
- The ideal candidate has multi-year experience as a full-time employee on the client-side.
- Previous experience with new products, new features launches, and with launches that expand the language and/or market scope for your product and/or company.
- Knowledgeable about internationalization requirements, comfortable to review product design in design tools (e.g. Figma) and recommend best fit for the localized product.
- Experience in establishing processes, developing relationships, and managing a portfolio of end-to-end concurrent programs.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.