Senior Staff Engineer, CSP
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb’s Community Support Platform (CSP) is in the middle of a multi year transformation of the technology architecture and solutions that support our customers, front line agents and the operations teams.
Ambassador Platform Products (APP) is part of the CSP team that is responsible for supporting Airbnb’s frontline agents, partners and supervisors. The APP team is delivering an end to end new architecture built on home grown, design-driven experiences powered by industry leading Salesforce Case Management and Genesys Cloud contact center solutions. We are building world-class Generative AI powered tools for our team of Community Support ambassadors around the world, so that our guests and hosts have a great experience on Airbnb, 24/7, 365 days a year.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a whole, Airbnb has a huge global operational staff that must scale with our user base. Our job as engineers is as challenging as it is exciting: we own the entire tech stack responsible for their success and bring together a holistic solution that leverages our engineering innovation with industry leading platforms.
To lead our transformation for such a large organization, we are looking for a strong senior staff engineer with a deep understanding of building complex systems while simplifying the operations aspects. A successful candidate will be able to bring them problem solving and innovation to simplify the business needs into scalable solutions.
Some of the transformational capabilities we are delivering include:
- skills based routing
- omni channel routing
- multi-party case management
- granular taxonomy for issue identification
- guided workflows that can be authored by business users
- Integrated knowledge and training technology
- Generative AI assisted technologies like summarization, suggested responses
A Typical Day:
- Primary Technical Lead for the agent tooling platform and one of the key technical drivers for improving adoption of the platform by other teams.
- Interface with several other airbnb technical teams in creating community support solutions to meet the requirements for our one company roadmap initiatives.
- You will drive technical excellence within teams, with focus on technical quality, stability and resilience of the solutions you are in charge of.
- Be part of our senior technical lead forums, driving innovation and consistency of technical designs.
- Contribute to the visioning of AI in Customer Service and help execute against it.
- Map our Customer Service business needs to technical OKRs and help drive their execution.
- Interact with business partners and product managers to understand the requirements and actively participate in ways of simplifying the operational complexity as part of technical solution brainstorming.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering with a deep product development background.
- 5+ years of experience as Tech Lead in software design and architecture involving internal systems and third party integrations.
- Experience in architecting large scale internal and 3rd party integrations, preferably in the customer service domain.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Genesys routing platforms is preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in Java required
- Strong experience in API standards, best practices and leading teams in improving API quality
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between 210,000 and 250,000$. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.