Platform Manager, Marketing Technology
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class tools and platforms that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing (Engagement, Brand and Performance, Creative), the Guest and Hosting product teams, Policy, Sales and more. Our mission is to enable teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both onsite and offsite.
The Marketing Technology team powers all digital marketing channels including landing pages, email, push, SMS, and digital advertising, as well as the machine learning and data pipelines that feed into the management and optimization of these channels.
The Marketing Technology team spans five pillars:
Performance platform that powers programmatic advertising - both search and display
Email marketing platform
- Landing page platform
Communications and delivery infrastructure that enables promotional and transactional content delivery at scale across multiple offline channels (e.g. email, push, sms)
- Machine learning and data pipelines that enable optimizations and personalization
A Typical Day:
- Establish product vision for your platform area that connects into the broader Marketing Technology platform strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Product, TPM, and Data Science to understand goals and establish success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great user experience
- Develop the product roadmap, get alignment on prioritization and timelines to meet business goals.
- Collaborate to define and maintain overall vision for MarTech products and platform by both inbound and outbound efforts
- Partner with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to execute efficiently and deliver impact for our business and users
- Develop a deep understanding of Airbnb's technology infrastructure and business verticals to build products that integrate into our customers’ workflows
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes
- Implement best in class product development and management practices
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Ensure that we have proper end-to-end instrumentation to measure and optimize our KPIs
- 8+ years of product management experience, preferably building internal tools and platforms
- Domain experience in building marketing technology and growth platforms to support one or more of Landing pages, Email, Push, SMS, automated campaigns, ads
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Ability to prioritize and scope marketing requests balancing long term vision and short-term pain points
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Experience building or supporting marketplace products is a plus
- Experience with machine learning / intelligence systems is a plus
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.