Regulatory Response Associate (Mandarin speaking)
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make:
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Regulatory Response Operations team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and that’s why we’re working so hard to build the world’s most loyal travel community.
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re committed to creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
The Regulatory Response team will work closely with our regional and global legal, public policy, and public relations teams to intake and action contact from government and consumer regulatory bodies, uphold and support work of legitimization agreements, and additional ad-hoc work that protects the brand’s compliance and legal standing with our external stakeholders. The team takes point on enforcement of Airbnb’s Non-Discrimination Policy and our Data privacy work, along with managing issues regarding Ownership/Landlord disputes, and general issues related to the legality of home sharing in different markets.
A Typical Day:
- Manage complex, sensitive, and/or urgent cases that might pose a significant risk to our brand or ability to operate in different countries, cities, and municipalities.
- Meet performance expectations regularly and own time management efficiently to deal with different types of work assignments (tickets, queues, initiatives, reports, correspondence, stakeholder management, etc),
- Mastering and maintaining knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in compliance, policy, legal, local regulations, consumer bodies, and brand risk topics.
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of regulatory cases, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Compile incident reports at the direction of leadership and maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in both Mandarin and English
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, available to work weekend and/or different shifts
- Strong analytical skills, able to compile reports and analyse data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Interest in legal/policy/consumer bodies issues and how they apply to Airbnb
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.