Senior Frontend Engineer, Guest & Host
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We are building a new set of tools to make it easier for people to connect and host on Airbnb. Our team focuses specifically on co-hosting and ways to make it easier for people to host together as a team.
As part of the team and in collaboration with engineering teams based in San Francisco, you will focus on elevating this project from regional to global. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, innovative and technically challenging work, supporting a major company strategy while finding solutions in areas such as UX, performances, robustness and quality.
What kind of Software Engineer are we looking for?
You should have a deep expertise in front-end engineering but also be versatile. We use the latest front-end technologies (ReactJS, GraphQL), and you must be value-driven and product-oriented. Each engineer owns the feature they are building and is responsible for turning it into reality, and we will need your front-end expertise to find solutions to problems and challenges and deliver on roadmap objectives.
The Difference You Will Make:
- Launching and expanding our co-hosting product across global markets.
- Deliver on a strategic, multi-year platform roadmap and global rollout.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, data science, data engineering, UX and numerous platform teams within Airbnb.
A Typical Day:
- Refining the features with our Product Team, resolving product trade-offs.
- Designing features and planning its integration directly into production.
- Developing features iteratively during AGILE sprints.
- Writing unit and integration tests, reviewing other’s code.
- Pushing to production multiple times per day (heavy use of feature toggling).
- Acting on user feedback to turn the feature into perfection.
- 5+ years of software development experience, or 2-4+ years with an advanced degree.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end: from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, tech.
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver ‘production ready’ code with minimal guidance.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Expertise developing solutions to ambiguous problems, and integrations.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.