Legal Counsel, Community Support & Litigation
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb’s Legal Department is a global team that will require working with diverse international colleagues around the world. The successful candidate will be someone who is adaptable, collaborative and embodies Airbnb’s Core Values. Candidates will be required to approach complex legal issues with a balance for local and global perspectives, while being adaptable to cultural differences and nuances. A genuine and demonstrated interest in Airbnb and a commitment to ethics, integrity and fostering a workplace that emphasises diversity and belonging is a must.
We want you to be part of our APAC Legal team! As the Counsel for Community Support, Trust and Disputes, you will report to the Associate General Counsel, APAC, and serve as legal partner to multiple foundational teams. You will work very closely with the other members of the APAC Legal team, as well as the global Legal team. This role is based in Singapore.
- Act as a legal point of contact for community and trust matters in APAC.
- Advise on a wide variety of pre-litigation user claims and related regulatory inquiries or investigations.
- Negotiate and resolve consumer related lawsuits and other consumer or commercial disputes by working with external counsels.
- Review and revise community related policies or workflows to ensure that they are in compliance with law and consistent with Airbnb’s community policies.
- Collaborate with other APAC regional counsels, APAC country counsels as well as the global legal team on various other legal matters.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential
- At least 9 years’ post-qualification experience
- In-house experience in a tech MNC or experience in handling disputes in ANZ is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating and excelling in highly ambiguous environments
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to spot key risks, analyse and assess risk, and provide actionable recommendations
- Flexibility and willingness to work with all levels of the organization, and to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and listening skills
- Organised and methodical, and able to effectively manage projects, audits and investigations, and crafting workflows, protocols and processes.
- Self-starter, driven and able to work autonomously while prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Empathetic, caring, humble keen learner with growth mindset, entrepreneurial
- Adaptable individual possessing high integrity, excellent judgment, a sense of humour and a love for fun and adventure
- International travel may be required
- After hours crisis coverage is required