Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for the growth of a book of business in your assigned territories within France by managing professional host accounts and supply acquisition of high quality inventory. You will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your assigned region in collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert. As someone who knows the Airbnb mission and values inside out, you will drive all phases of supply acquisition and market success, including acquisition strategy development, generating and converting supply leads, and strategic partners relationship management.
A Typical Day
- Build and manage partner relationships within assigned territory
- Directly manage accounts to meet and exceed quarterly/annual sales goals
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and action on strategic opportunities in your region to drive increase in sales
- Prospect and onboard new, high quality supply in your assigned geography
- Maintain a baseline understanding of the technical integration of various software partners so that you can provide the right support to your clients
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings with Professional Hosts and at industry conferences in your market
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with your partners
- Develop strong and long lasting partnerships
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets and become the go-to source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics for internal and external partners
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your professional hosts in a timely and efficient manner, occasionally traveling to your market to provide in-person support and guidance
- Work cross-functionally with public policy, legal, communication and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- Engage an entrepreneurial mindset to autonomously design, develop and execute bespoke engagement initiatives for the assigned territory.
- 6+ years experience in account management, partner support and/or sales.
- Preferably 2+ years experience in hospitality/travel industry
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Must be willing to regularly travel domestically from Paris to your aligned market territory. Typical expectation would be once every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline and/or a book of business
- Proficient in using CRM software, specifically in working with leads, opportunities and other core objects - Salesforce and Mixmax experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Proficient quantitative skills and proven ability to interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, with a proven track record to execute in ambiguous environments
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives;
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy - being an Airbnb host is a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Charismatic self-starter who is resourceful and self-sufficient
- Based in Paris
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Please ensure your apply with a CV in English.