Content Specialist, Arabia & Africa (English)
United Arab Emirates
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry. We are a travel-tech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team is spread across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Health Insurance, work-from-anywhere stipend, annual wellness & learning credits, annual all-expenses-paid company retreat in a gorgeous destination & other benefits
As Content Specialist, Arabia & Africa (English) at Airalo, you will work closely with the rest of the Growth, User Experience, Brand, and Regional divisions to apply the best practices and write long-form blog articles, web and social content, technical video script writing, SEO, and ASO. The role will be responsible for developing and writing for different content channels and track on results. You are also comfortable with using AI to automate work and produce content at scale.
You will be owning and leading the entire content processes from the creative stage to writing, publishing, and reporting on results to stakeholders. You will drive our content strategy, creation, and distribution across various channels. You'll keep our brand voice consistent and in tune with our mission. Not only will you be great with words, but you'll also be able to geek out over the latest SEO and ASO strategies, make friends with data, and love dipping your toes in various CMS platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to and working directly with the Content Manager (Arabia) and growth team.
- Content strategy: Plan and execute content strategies aligned with Airalo's short-term and long-term country targets (driving high engagement across all our digital platforms).
- Blog: Full ownership of the blog and increasing traffic for Arabia and English content. This includes writing, SEO research, and publishing. You will be developing an editorial calendar.
- Publishing and writing content: Create compelling and informative content that makes even the techiest eSIM jargon relatable.
- SEO and ASO: Optimize content for search engines (SEO) and app stores (ASO). A knack for consistent high rankings? You're our person.
- CMS skills: Navigate various Content Management Systems like a pro.
- Data literacy: Make sense of the numbers and use data to drive content that hits. Use content management systems (like Ahrefs and GA4) to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Brand consistency: Keep our brand voice consistent across all channels.
- Distribution: Make sure our content reaches the right ears at the right time. Determine the best distribution channels for each piece of content, and suggest how to repurpose long-from content into shorter pieces that can work for different channels.
- Project management: Balance multiple projects, meet deadlines, and maintain high-quality work.
- Multimedia: You can write and switch between different forms of content and in different styles, like writing for video, graphics, and other rich media content.
- AI literacy: We have big aspirations for our content machine and we'll need your help to make it smarter, and use AI to produce content at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree & 3+ years of proven Content, SEO, and ASO achievement with a large B2C and B2B2C audience
- Comfortable using AI and experience scaling content
- Excellent understanding of SEO and ASO channel management and best practices
- A strong understanding of keyword research with excellent analytical skills
- Experience in writing and managing blog content end-to-end
- Experience in creating multimedia content, including blog, podcast, social and video production
- Experience with analytics tools and/or other market research tools, e.g. SEMrush, Ahrefs, GA4
- Fluency in Arabic and English, with impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English
Good to have:
- Experience writing app descriptions and titles using researched ASO keywords
- Ability to assess campaign performance, identify consumer behavior and creative opportunities, and manage cost-per-acquisition targets
- Experience working on international brands
- Experience working on cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience in the travel industry
- Knowledge of eSIM and GSMA-related technologies and services
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this opportunity with Airalo.