Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry. We are a travel-tech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team is spread across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Health Insurance, work-from-anywhere stipend, annual wellness & learning credits, annual all-expenses-paid company retreat in a gorgeous destination & other benefits
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale, improve organizational transparency, provide career development, mentorship, and honest feedback for our smart and talented engineers. Using your varying technical backgrounds and interests, you will drive and provide general technical direction and oversight. You will keep your team efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead technology excellence in the company in the related domain
- Extend and improve engineering best practices in the teams
- Maintain and improve a collaborative environment, commit to driving projects to completion creatively
- Motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Ensures that the team delivers high-quality products and solutions by following the best practices, e.g. testing, observability, etc.
- Build a team that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short-term and long-term goals
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high-potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Minimum 5 years of technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions, drive technical decisions and perform code reviews
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading the team and guiding them through their career development
- Experience in guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- Expertise in building and refactoring of distributed systems
- Expertise in event-driven architecture and Messaging systems: Queue, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Good knowledge of SQL/NoSQL
- Good knowledge in AWS services (EC2, Lambda, SQS, Security, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge and experience about Unit Test/Feature Test/Mocking
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
Good to haves:
- Expert knowledge of PaaS/ SaaS, SOA, Microservices, AWS
- Prior work experience in telecommunications and network infrastructure
- Knowledge of eSIM and GSMA related technologies and services
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this opportunity with Airalo.